CBC4 LW QFs: Scrapper vs Final Mecha Catbot

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 LW QFs: Scrapper vs Final Mecha Catbot

Post by Trihunter » Sat May 09, 2020 5:04 pm

(4) Scrapper(5) Final Mecha Catbot
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 9
Traction: 2Traction: 8
Torque: 1Torque: 2
Weapon: 16Weapon: 0
Armour: 7Armour: 11 (+2 plow)
Config: N/AConfig: Plow
Predicting Noah's gonna go for opening the furnace up ASAP since it's his sole method of KOing, he can do that (no point trying to stop him since he's double out speed, though whacking him at full pelt on the drum if he's ballsy enough to try and drop it whilst we're close by can't hurt) but if he's trying to shove us in, spin up to force enough friction to throw him off (if weapon to weapon) or spin up and turn to gyrostomp (if pushing from any other angle). Anticipate angles, and react appropriately to launch ourselves away on the approach.

Main goal is to keep spinning as much as possible. Cat lacks dorifto potential and thus cannot box rush, so we should be able to get up to speed and aim enough to hit them as they approach. We can play defensively, and can break pressure on us if they get around with the above techniques. We deal 3.5 shock damage even if we smack the plow, and apparently it's got a very limited hinge, so it'll take the damage harder than a true hinge. Also, we can just gyrostomp the main chassis for a fat 7 damage over that plow (or snap off that flimsy looking hammer-blocker to make doing the same later easier). We aren't going to get too much choice on where we hit coz of the speed disparity, so the plan is to aim the blade so we hit as best as we can. If they try to sneak around the back or anywhere other than the blade, gyro to throw them off and get a slam on the chassis. We just need one clean hit and it's game over, so we just need to weather the storm and lock that hit down. If the plow comes off, we can go a bit more aggressive to seal the deal.

tl;dr: Play defensive, keep the drum spinning, gyro to avoid too much carnage, get in a clean hit and blow em to bits, or rip the plow off from repetitive damage.

small extra segment I forgot to mention but Alex said was ok if I edit it in before Noah RPs and as of writing he hasn't yet: FMC is pretty fucked if I get enough bite to flip him. If we can angle enough to get a wedgelet under, that limited hinge plow is gonna transfer a LOT of KE into the chassis, which will probably flip them and give us an easy spank opportunity, as well as making the wedge very hard to grind us out with. Sorry, Noah, there's no way that thing cleanly inverts if it's as limited as you say, and the hammer blocker's gonna cuck that too. Give that a go if we can get time to angle in on a confrontation.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: CBC4 LW QFs: Scrapper vs Final Mecha Catbot

Post by V900 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:47 pm

robots
Trihunter wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:03 pm LW: Scrapper

You'll need to organize to bring this thing down. But don't even THINK about starting a union!

Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armour: 7

The next Grizzco themed bot, and it's a fuckhuge drum! Nothing too fancy to say here, aside from it being invertable and having a backup wedge, just in case.
V900 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:37 pm Lightweight:
Final Mecha Catbot

Speed: 9
Torque: 2
Traction: 8
Armor: 9
Weapon: 2 (flipper)

Armor: 11 (+2 plow)
Weapon: 0

Has lots of armor and boasts the (second) fastest speed in the entire bracket. Where we're going, we don't need torque. 2 should be juuust enough to push deathspinners around, though.

The 11+2 plow is hinged 10 degrees in each direction.

Also does the Hoarfrost thing where it's wedge works even inverted.
plow config

Observations:
  • Last time I fought a drum (scroll down to "Final Mecha Catbot vs Shade Fist"), I went nearly the entire match (2:39 to be exact) without getting hit so much as once. I went plowless in that fight. I'm using the plow in this one (13 armor btw teehee), so a couple of hits to my front over the course of the match should be of little consequence.
  • Also worth noting that he specced even harder into the "all weapon no drive" archetype than Shade Fist did, so he'll have even more trouble catching up and even more gyro problems.
  • My hammer bar is attached in such a way that it won't tear the entire plow off it removed. Don't bother arguing it.
  • He has lower torque than me, so it should be feasible to back off if he starts getting the slip.
Strategy:
  • Running away is a valid tactic.
  • Bump open both the grills right away (there are 2 of them, so 8 bumps total). Whatever side Scrapper is on, focus on the opposite one. Odds are that he'll chase me around the pole Benny Hill style, but that's a one way ticket to gyro town USA for him. Also I'm faster :^)
  • If he decides to camp next to a grill and the other is already open, just start skirting around him at a distance (like 3-5 feet away) to get him to gyro. Ram into whatever side lifts up and shove him out of the way before I start decelerating. Don't give him a chance to argue "2 torque lol" against me. Furthermore, be sure to generally make big wide turns to minimize deceleration.
  • Once both grills are open, position myself so that he's between me and the grates and do the same sort of skirting-around business as above. Aim to get a quick shove that sends him in.
  • If he goes "oh just gyrodance on top of him", then use my hammer bar to catch on a non-drum part of his robot. Or just back off, both are very accessible options for more (though the second is safer and what I'll go with if my hammer-blocker gets plucked).
  • Start going for whatever yolostrats you can think of 2:30 in if it's looking like this is going to JD and if it seems like the decision will be close. If I don't feel the need to show off to judges, then don't.
gl hf