CBC4 HW Quarterfinals: Xtreme PenumatiX vs Wallop

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

CBC4 HW Quarterfinals: Xtreme PenumatiX vs Wallop

Post by British-Robotics » Fri May 08, 2020 2:15 am

Spin up my weapon at full speed right from the start of the match, PenumatiX’s armour is strong to handle Wallop’s weapon, however I feel that the vertical weapon should still be good enough to deliver some heavy pops.

XTPX's size of the flipper is narrow which may give problems for him to get some clean flips on Wallop, however I must try and avoid that from happening if any luck gets involved.

So I’m going to protect myself from getting angled and show my weapon facing PenumatiX earlier on in the match, if my opponent over angles or makes a driving error, go right at him quickly and hope to hit the side, or possibly the front of PenumatiX enough to make him go inverted, if that happens, switch to attacking and quickly chain some hits and stop him from self-righting cleanly and attack for the big wheels right at the exposed hubs or slice at the tires and attempt to take him towards either side of the arena.

If I managed to buckle one of the wheels or jam up one of the wheels on PenumatiX, carefully drive towards him. If he does the “crabwalk” or over drive and ends up to turn behind, attack from the back or hit the wheels again and go for an immobilisation attempt, my hinged forks also should easily get under him from his back easily if this situation happens.

I have hinged wedglets that should be able to get under PenumatiX's side and front without any problem (if the opportunity to do it arises) Just stay calm and force my opponent to make some errors.

I'll also need to watch out for the hazards.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: CBC4 HW Quarterfinals: Xtreme PenumatiX vs Wallop

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun May 10, 2020 11:13 pm

Using the long forks on the flipper

Go for him innediately, right off the bat getting my aggression points up. Angle in on all approaches, I have the Wedgelet length advantage over his own and his Wedgelets are the only thing that scrape the ground, meaning he should be relatively easy to get under. Once I am under him, he has no real way of getting off, with absolutely zero ground clearance whatsoever at all angles, his skirts being static and not hinged of course. Angling in will be using his gyro against him, a 12 power disc with a large diameter like that is almost definitely going to be lifting himself up when he turns and with that low ground clearance of his, he isn’t really going to be having any wheels properly touching the ground when he does so. This match should be simple, get under him, carry him with relative ease towards the OOTA zone and toss him out, as soon as possible, his bot is rather large and boxy, meaning he should be fairly easy to toss out of the arena without much fuss whatsoever. Of course, a quick OOTA flip is my primary goal but if I’m close to one of the arena discs, I won’t hesitate to toss him into them once or twice, he only has 7 armour and the possibility of a disc buckling down one of his static skirts is all too tempting, it should seriously imo are his ability to move or even render him immobile if one is buckled down enough, easily lifting multiple wheels off of the ground. I could even beach him on the arena bump if I’m quick enough, he almost definitely won’t have the ground clearance to get off of it if pushed or flipped onto there. I’m going to be relentless with my approach, with my twelve armour I can almost definitely afford to be, he won’t be knocking me out anytime soon and if he somehow does get under me, I have all the speed and ground clearance to drive right off of him and go in for another assault, smothering him, occasionally jiggling my flips but generally just focussing on carrying him over towards the wall for a quick, clean, easy OOTA. Self-right immediately if flipped, always keep my wedge facing him and always remain aggressive, smothering him and not giving him the chance to get off of my wedge, not that he can with his non-existent ground clearance, driving him towards that all important OOTA wall or tossing him into the hazards to soften him up just a little bit, though not as my top priority of course.
Best of luck my friend.