Vexed! Round 4: Vortex and Moby Klick vs Chimera IV and Taskmaster V5

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 4: Vortex and Moby Klick vs Chimera IV and Taskmaster V5

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon May 04, 2020 8:02 pm

VortexMoby KlickVSChimera IVTaskmaster V5
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 5|Speed: 7Speed: 8
Traction: 5Traction: 3|Traction: 7Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 1|Torque: 2Torque: 3
Weapon: 14Weapon: 12|Weapon: 5Weapon: 0
Armour: 5 (+1 Drum)Armour: 9|Armour: 9Armour: 12
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Vexed! Round 4: Vortex and Moby Klick vs Chimera IV and Taskmaster V5

Post by Venice Queen » Fri May 08, 2020 5:56 pm

FORKS

4 matches, 4 wedgebot allies. a lot of this will probably be repeats of what I've done before with other people, because hey it fuckin works. one big difference though - for the first time I actually start across from the bot I want to 1v1!

go straight at vortex, make sure he can't interfere with Taskmaster clowning on poor moby klick. if Vortex tries to start the match by going back to back/otherwise grouping up with MK, he's just driven himself right next to a shell that can KO him, so rush him. even if I dont get under, the knockback from the hit should hit him into his opponent.

otherwise, standard black dog clone stuffing... stuff. my weapon has 11 armor, it takes negligable shock. my forks have 13 armor, they take negligable damage - even my chassis isn't too bad. same deal with the forks as before - they're built for dealing with drums: the only challenge here is his strafing. I'm sure he'll try to strafe last minute to get one of those tiny wedges under one of my meaty forks, so try to angle in just slightly so his forks just kinda...ride up mine if he tries that sort of monkey business.

I'm faster than him, so I choose the engagements (and can catch up to him if he ever tries doubleteaming on taskmaster - this is something I can do even if inverted - I just need to hit his rear/side enough to adjust his trajectory towards MK).

if I get him inverted, he's driving on 2 mecanum wheels, so he won't be able to strafe and will have comically bad control: he'll be lucky if he can turn. if Taskmaster has stopped MK's weapon when I have Vortex in such a position, go over there and flip MK over, so that we can then team up on Vortex. OOTA vortex if possible.

GL

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Fri May 08, 2020 6:51 pm

spin up, try not to get flipped or bullied around by chimera, avoid the screws, wall spikes, and OOTA zones. essentially just stay towards the center of the arena as much as i can, unless i have to move away from the comfort zone for w/e reasons--accomodate for hockeypucking around the arena.

this is not going to be fun--but it's going to be manageable. i'll bang taskmaster around to keep it off course and away from getting too much into vortex. let vortex strafe around and take on chimera, vortex can do some fairly nasty stuff to chimera--granted if they take on chimera's wheels. vortex can also bop around taskmaster, but that's probably more so my thing, plus i trust vortex to bamboozle chimera considering vortex's mecanum drive.

not really much to do here, spin2win, be aggressive and distract taskmaster and chimera, do damage--score points, do shell spinner stuff and try not to die lmao

good luck and good burger!
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Sat May 09, 2020 6:01 pm

I have narrower wedgelets so I’ll have an easier time getting underneath both of them. I’ll do more damage to Chimera and my mecanums will make me more maneouverable when it cones to avoiding rams.

At the start, spin up and go after Chimera. As MK is staying in the centre then stay close to the walls and use the mecanums to keep the drum facing MK and try to sandwich Chimera and Taskmaster between us for more damage. Be aggressive and chain up hits when I get underneath and avoid the hazards.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat May 09, 2020 8:23 pm

wedge on (taskmaster)

attack moby klick

if threatened by vortex, back off and let Chimera get it from behind - stay focused on klick