Vexed! Round 4: Tiamat and This Side Down vs Vivace and Precision Engine

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 4: Tiamat and This Side Down vs Vivace and Precision Engine

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon May 04, 2020 8:01 pm

TiamatThis Side DownVSVivacePrecision Engine
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 7|Speed: 7Speed: 8
Traction: 5Traction: 6|Traction: 6Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 3|Torque: 4Torque: 3
Weapon: 5Weapon: 2|Weapon: 0Weapon: 4 (3/3 split)
Armour: 10 (+2 Wedge)Armour: 12|Armour: 13Armour: 8
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: Vexed! Round 4: Tiamat and This Side Down vs Vivace and Precision Engine

Post by Trihunter » Fri May 08, 2020 11:37 am

Short wedgy boys.

Gonna keep it simple and quick. Vivace is rougher for Tiamat to handle, so we'll take them. Rush down and harass Vivace, see if we can angle in or catch the flat surfaces of Vivace (it is a melee after all, it's not impossible due to multiple targets), get under and throw them over and into the wall. Just keep harassing and controlling Vivace whilst Tiamat deals with Precision Engine. If we get a clear patch, or if Tiamat's properly struggling, head over and help get the heat off of it with some more wedging and overturning. When approaching, take it a little slow to angle in if we're going wedge to wedge, but just blitz it if not. Srimech if flipped also.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sat May 09, 2020 5:07 pm

fork wedges on.

I want to focus-fire Precision Engine with all I have. It's fairly easy to strand so it should be simple to get it off its wheels and toss it around while TSD keeps Vivace off me. Throw it into the hazards, the wall, wherever I can for as long as I can. j-hook away if it gets under me and look for a different angle to strike at, and always angle in on its jaws.

if PE ever bites the dust, go and team up with my teammate to fight Vivace. He can't hold both of us off.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Superbomb122

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:13 pm

The plan here is to focus TSD and let Drew handle Tiamat

Rush TSD and slip my forks between the teeth in his wedge. If he’s gone for the long wedgelets, watch for any angling he tries on me. After getting under, use my torque to get him on to the grabber, lifting slightly to get him all the way on (since I’m pretty sure his bot is short enough to fit completely in my grabber lol). Parade him around the arena, give him a tour of the hazards, maybe even drop him on Tiamat if W0lf has Tiamat under control. Keep slamming TSD around until I’m forced to release, back off, and clamp again.

If Tiamat tries to interrupt me, slip my forks between its wedgelets, bring my top claw back away from Tiamat, and push it around/lift it for a bit then deliver it to Wolf. If Tiamat tries to angle, counter with my own angling. Abuse my superior drivetrain to pressure Tiamat into leaving me alone.

If TSD gets under me, back up while lifting my bottom arm to give it nothing to flip. My higher speed should get me out of there somewhat reliably. If TSD or Tiamat do manage to flip me, gun it in reverse and open the top claw to self-right. If that doesn’t work, push the bottom claw to the floor to retain the wedging ability and charge TSD again.

If Vivace is getting double-teamed, go after whoever’s at its back to take the pressure off and whisk them away to a happy world of hazard pain.

TL;DR: Bully the shit out of TSD and maybe also Tiamat
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Regular dustpan

Aim to attack Tiamat. Angle in slightly when doing so. He won't be doing much in the way of damage to me. Slam him into walls and see if I can get him flipped or stuck on his face. Keep Tiamat in the dustpan by turning with him. I have enough speed when pushing that he'll struggle to get out. While the other bot is taking on PE, intercept while I have a bot in the dustpan. I still have a pretty decent wedge and I doubt TSD will be able to handle all the weight, especially when trying to get me onto that flipper. If I'm being intercepted, play along by angling in. Once I'm under, push it around and then go after Tiamat with TSD in my dustpan see if I can feed TSD to the spinner of Tiamat. If PE is in serious trouble, drive accordingly with one of them into my dustpan and help him out, especially if he's being pinned.

Good luck