Vexed! Round 4: Avanti! and Fork the Wind vs Ayame and Blue Max II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 4: Avanti! and Fork the Wind vs Ayame and Blue Max II

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon May 04, 2020 8:01 pm

Avanti!Fork the WindVSAyameBlue Max II
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 8|Speed: 8Speed: 3
Traction: 7Traction: 8|Traction: 7Traction: 2
Torque: 3Torque: 1|Torque: 2Torque: 1
Weapon: 0Weapon: 8|Weapon: 1Weapon: 16
Armour: 12Armour: 5|Armour: 12Armour: 8
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

patrickrowberry

Re: Vexed! Round 4: Avanti! and Fork the Wind vs Ayame and Blue Max II

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu May 07, 2020 10:15 am

strat:

[rp]my team mate is going for blue max and I will avoid it as much as possible my job is keep the flipper of my team mate he will struggle to fully flip me over with 1 power while I will try to get a outa if I need to angle into him 8/8 vs 8/7 on his end means nothing so we very well matched if blue max get closs run away and let them hit each over keep on Avast when possible if he is out get behind blue max and avoid the weapon and my team mate will take it head on and feed it to me if its 1 vs 2 [/rp]

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Kunai Wedge.

Fought Avanti once already, it's similar speed-wise and tough; but has no weapon/corner defences, I'm fast enough to keep up with him, his armour can't hold up forever to repeated blows from Bluemax, and with how thin his sides are, they can easily warp inward and pin his own wheels to nullify his drive advantage. FtW is also quick and has the spinner, but it can't easily damage either of us, I out-push and out-accelerate him, can immobilise (or at least trap him long enough for Bluemax to get him) him by flipping, and his armour is only 5: meaning Bluemax can insta-gib him.

Main plan's to keep Avanti away from Bluemax while he spins up, have him (or both of us) KO FtW, then from there double-team Avanti and kill him, too. In that sense, I'll go in first and focus on Avanti, attacking from the sides/corners, forcibly relocating him away from Bluemax and ideally into walls/corners/hazards with my torque/flipper. Don't flip unless definitely underneath his body, copy his movements if he tries driving off, and stay laser-focused on FtW as well. If he goes for Bluemax, focus on Avanti; but if he tries double-teaming me, act accordingly; if Avanti's on me, flip him into FtW, or switch targets to FtW and flip him over/into Bluemax if it's close by. He can't easily self-right (if at all), and if Bluemax tags him once or twice, he's doomed. Make sure Avanti can't shove me into Bluemax as well though, and always have at least one escape route to fall back on with a J-turn if needed.

Once FtW is gone, up the aggression and tag-team Avanti. Continue flipping/shoving Avanti to keep him away from Bluemax while he spins up, squash him into walls/hazards, then directly force him into the blade repeatedly from a safe distance with flip/rams. Aim to hit the wedges/sides to warp them inward and pin the wheels predominantly, then the main body to smash the internals.
Don't be too reckless, however; keep moving, keep the nose to the ground, don't flip unless definitely underneath, always have escape routes and be ready to dodge/counter immediately if either try flanking and/or forcing me into Bluemax. Protect Bluemax until he's ready to attack, and always be careful approaching him; flip/shove then retreat to avoid friendly fire.

Good luck!

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat May 09, 2020 4:46 pm

Okay, their play here is painfully obvious, since FtW can't hurt me and can't survive even a single hit from me. Avanti to tank Blue Max and Pat's spinner to try to flip Ayame around. There are a few problems with this:

1) FtW is a tall, relatively narrow vert that is visibly non-invertible. One flip from Ayame and it's on its back. It's either done for or it's teed up for me to come in and finish it off while my ally occupies Avanti. While FtW can flip Ayame, Alex can easily self-right and it doesn't have the power to reliably OOTA unless he's teed up perfectly for it. Basically, it has no win condition against either of us. It can put off the inevitable vs Ayame or get murdered/run away vs me.

2) Any double-teaming they do won't last for more than a couple of seconds. Yes, I'm slow. Look at slow battlebots, though. I can still cross the arena in a handful of seconds and it's not like Ayame's just going to be sitting here. Try to operate somewhat close to each other as a team. Come in and take advantage of their preoccupation or distraction.

3) Avanti's still pretty vulnerable to my 16-power weapon with 12 armour and wheelguards with almost no clearance. I have many ways of riding up his wedge, letting him get my side and then swinging in, or otherwise hitting him in unexpected ways and from unexpected angles and four damage will definitely cave those wheelguards in and mess up his driving.

All told, go after FtW relentlessly or, if Avanti's in my way, use the same cagey movements that I've employed in other fights to threaten it with 4 (5) corner damage, shots to its wheeguards, and generally being a PITA to control until FtW is flipped. Finish it off immediately if it's flipped. After that, it's a matter of letting Ayame outdrive and snowball Avanti and being the batter to Ayame's pitcher. He'll feed me the rest of the fight. Feast.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:00 pm

Using the forks

Let Ayame and Fork have their fight initially but not go for Alec immediately, three speed means it’ll take an eternity to get over. Instead, I’ll let Ayame be distracted by Fork and go for it getting under it easily with my forks and then carrying it over to Blue Max for some friendly-fire unhealthy for Ayame, deflecting both it and Blue Max away. At this point, BM should have its backside on show to me, big, X-axis, No Fly Zone style spinners really don’t turn quickly at all, especially the ones with tiny wheelbases like his, with so much weight on the front which it drags around, the way those unpowered, rubber wheels at the front, effecting it’s turning even more. I have way more then double his speed and traction, so should easily be able to get around to its sides from the front and get around to the back when he is facing me from the side. There is a chance that if I hit it into the arena oota wall at an angle, it’ll throw itself up and over those low walls, the front of the robot, definitely, leaving it unable to get back into the action, this is a tactic I’m certainly going to try multiple times as a prioritised strategy. Other than that, I’ll ram him into the killsaws and the pulverisers a few times to soften him up along the way, there being a whole lot for the kilksaws to rip and tear on his compact but chubby body. His gyro forces are going to be against him at all times, just another reason why he will be so very easy to out-manoeuvre. If he hits me, he definitely isn’t hitting with as much energy as a HS or VS, the shear force of the impacts usually causing his front end to hop up slightly. My rounded wheelguards should deflect hits quite well and dissipate force well, 12 armour all round is nothing to scoff at. Don’t buy any Tombstone style swing-moves, let him oversteer and go for his rear
Going for Ayame when distracted and BM felt with, using my superior, longer Wedgelets to angle in on him and run him into the hazards having 4 chances of getting under him, he only has one, if one Wedgelet fails I can still get under and push him to hazards with the other three