Vexed! Round 4: M A S H E E N and Thundercaller vs Caffeine Machine and Molten

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 4: M A S H E E N and Thundercaller vs Caffeine Machine and Molten

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon May 04, 2020 8:00 pm

M A S H E E NThundercallerVSCaffeine MachineMolten
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 7|Speed: 7Speed: 4
Traction: 2Traction: 6|Traction: 6Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 2|Torque: 4Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 5|Weapon: 0Weapon: 16
Armour: 7Armour: 10 (+1 Plow)|Armour: 13Armour: 7
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Vexed! Round 4: M A S H E E N and Thundercaller vs Caffeine Machine and Molten

Post by V900 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:40 pm

Observations:
  • Caffeine Machine stats-wise is identical to Vivace, so I'll just post what I said earlier:
    Vivace receives 3 (without corner damage) and 4 (with corner damage) damage. Both of these are able to rip off it's wheels (which take double damage) in one hit, along with being able to seriously bend up it's wedge lip.
  • Molten, on the other hand, has 1:1 the same stats as myself. I have the design advantage, however. Big drum = big flips = corner damage = I deal +1 damage to win the DPS race.
Strategy:
  • Go after Molten first and take him out, Laz will keep Caffeine Machine at bay. A couple of head-on-head collisions oughta do the trick, he doesn't have any means of dodging outside of weird "start sideways" shit (which I can see coming thanks to the self-right pole attached to his chassis). Watch out for that, I guess? And since this is TBR, also watch out for if he tries to angle in or flank. It'll go horribly for him, but still.
  • I score corner damage on his top teeth and if I get under.
  • Disengage if Caffeine Machine gets too close, since he could try pushing my into Molten at an awkward angle. Whether that means "back away from Molten" or "hit Molten with my drum to create distance" is context-dependent.
  • If they both charge me at the same time, prioritize Molten.
  • If Molten chases after Thundercaller and Caffine Machine goes after me, aim to either slide underneath him with my wedgelets (by driving head-on but offset to the side a bit), or just attack his anti-monstertruck teeth. Rip those off, then aim to monstertruck up the wedge and hit his wheels from there.
gl hf

British-Robotics

Re: Vexed! Round 4: M A S H E E N and Thundercaller vs Caffeine Machine and Molten

Post by British-Robotics » Sat May 09, 2020 5:33 pm

Spin up my weapon and get away from the OOTA zone, I'll get behind from Caffine Machine to defend myself, await until the oppertunity arises and go for some attacks on the side of MASHEEN or Thundercaller. Stay on the attack and do the best I can to damage the other robots.
Last edited by British-Robotics on Sun May 10, 2020 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sat May 09, 2020 7:27 pm

Aight, so Molten's prolly gonna try to avoid me. Cool. My teammate can handle it. If it pulls a Blue Max and hides behind its teammate to spin up, that limits its teammate's movement. Go straight after CM. Wedge it, and flip it. Flip it right into Molten. While we both have hinged wedges, mine has teeth that taper to tips, focusing its weight more effectively than his three large, flat-edged plates do. Physics.

Worst case scenario for me? He wedges me a bit. I j-hook off. My hinged wedges have a lot of travel, so he won't be high-ending me. Worst case scenario for him? I wedge him and flip immediately. The fact that I have an honest-to-goodness usable weapon makes a big difference when we're the same speed and I have a marginally better wedge. Flip him into his partner or chain flip him OOTA. Watch out for Molten to try sneak attacking me, but I'm pretty confident in Masheen being able to control that head to head because it has equal speed, can deal corner damage and, most importantly, can flip Molten up to 8 feet. It's so wide that Molten's not catching its supports easily either.

Stop their brick from protecting their spinner and harassing ours by getting in its face and controlling it with my weapon, better wedge, and equal drivetrain (his small torque edge doesn't make a huge difference when I can still easily hook free and I'm not planning on pushing him anyways). Finish with a flip out of bounds if I can. if I have an opportunity to get a quick flip in on Molten without exposing myself, do it. Masheen can finish it off if it hits the self-righting mast or baseplate.

If CM goes down, wall Molten and shove it into Masheen at low revs so my partner can hurt it with less risk. if Molten goes down, flip CM into Masheen and tee it up for my partner. If Masheen goes down, prioritize stuffing Molten with the front plow. Flip CM front-hinged style if it tries to get me from behind.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49