Avanti! vs Phantom

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Avanti! vs Phantom

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:27 pm

Avanti!: Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12
Phantom: Speed: 6 Traction: 4 Torque: 2 Weapon: 10 Armour: 8

As soon as the match starts I’ll go straight for him, putting some aggression points on the board right off the bat. Oh dear look at how high that drum is, sheeish, it’s small too, so are the teeth. Essentially, going head to head with him is a win win for me, even if he gets under my two outer wedgelets, my inner two will get under his drum with ease, without a scratch from that little, high-up drum. My Wedgelets are both longer than his own and his big wedge things so I’ll be getting in underneath that drum every time to lift up his front wheels and push him around the place. Give him a tour of the walls to ram and pin him, he just can’t monster truck or get away any time soon but I’m prioritising pushing him into the house robot, those hammers are going to give his exposed wheels a hearty smack which will almost definitely fuck them up, possibly even immobilise him after a few consecutive hits. If he tries to angle in on me then jokes on him, he has -2 traction and a drum spinner, meaning that he will almost definitely overshoot his turns, gyrodance up and show off his side to me so I can simply just wedge him and ran him around. If he does get in a position where his drum can hit me somehow then it’s no matter, he’s literally just pinging up a wedgelet without damaging it, my stoppers giving a generous degree of movement but not enough to get stuck up or down but still enough to not have the whole bot knock up if they is hit. With it being 10 power as well, the whole weapon will slow VERY quickly. With my speed, I can easily reverse off, I’ll have my rear-wheels touching them ground if wedged from the front. Always face him with my Wedgelets, headstrong and aggressive are all times, countering any time he tries to angle in by keeping myself facing him. Don’t fall for any weird gyro moves, although he really doesn’t have the right design to do them, he’ll be hitting me with his wedge, not his drum. Just stop if he does it and let him show his rear-end or sides to me for me to get under with ease. If flipped, his drum shouldn’t right him.
GL

Superbomb122

Re: Avanti! vs Phantom

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:54 pm

Bricks. Boooooooo.
Repeated Hits. Yay.

I’d like to note his underall wedges have like half a mile (or 2-inch) ground clearance behind the leading edge. Angling is going to be easy even with a worse drivetrain

Spin up and charge at him, going around the skylight. Aim at his front with my right-side wedge and pivot backwards around my left side to minimize gyro and get to his side. Hit him with the drum and start chaining him toward either the house bot or a wall. Aim to consistently hit either the wedgelets or wheels to cripple his ability to bully me around the arena. After this, use the same approach, but vary the exact timing and direction of the pivot. If this stops working, go for more direct angling and head-to-head rushes.

If he gets under, J-hook with a little help from gyro and use it to get to his sides. If I get flipped, go YOLO mode and ramp off of him to get upright. Keep myself from being between Avanti and the house bot.

If all goes to shit, unleash Omen and make things weird. Maybe Omen weakens his armor so I can get a better hit. Maybe Omen sits on him. Whatever it does, it’ll be more entertaining than getting curbstomped by a brick.

TL:DR; bait/angle to get my wedge behind his, chain, pick him apart.
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9