Broken Tooth vs The AP Test (aka Apiergon)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Broken Tooth vs The AP Test (aka Apiergon)

Post by Venice Queen » Sat May 02, 2020 1:15 pm

Apiergon: Speed: 5 / Traction: 3 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 12 (1 point of weapon armor for the lifter) / Armor: 9 (+1 weapon) - mecanums on, "everything on"

Broken Tooth: Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 13 (1 of weapon armor bonus to arm) / Armor: 6 (+2 weapon assembly): flat front wedge, rear wedges ON

he has a VERY slow lifter - his attacks are telegraphed and take a while to change up. he's using a tiny symmetrical bar to my large single tooth disc, my bite will be better. went with the flat front wedge for angling in - my forks are better than his wedgelets head-on, but his strafing capability negates my ability to force a head on - much harder to strafe to avoid me angling in. I do also have the better weapon range - it's just a few inches difference, but thaose inches matter. his forks are suboptimally shaped, with no lip to feed opponents into the steep angle.

his stat setup says he wants to go weapon to weapon. he needs to get me on his wedge to use his weapon, so this seems poorly thought out. come at him aggressively and angle in - either outside or inside his wedgelets, or outside his lifter. I'm aiming to bend the lifter or delete a wedgelet before he can start strafing shenanigans. in general keeping to angles ensure that when we make contact I'm at least somewhat hitting his (8 armored) chassis, and he's not getting full hits on my weapon, letting me survive longer. It's also simple to execute and easy to switch up on him, which minimizes my control disparity while accentuating his.

he could try coming at me ass first with the lifter fully extended, in which case he's put a giant weight far over the back of his mecanum driven bot so have fun with wheelies and zero control. attack at an angle and exploit his inability to move properly.

The stalling hazard in this arena is nice but not worth aiming for specifically. overall I care most about snowballing hits - I deal 5 damage each time I get one in + threaten flip. if my weapon dies early, activate the pit (and mostly run away from him), then try and shove him into it with my rear (again angling in). if it dies late and i think i'll win the JD, just try and shove him places with the rear, hammersawing to clamp if appropriate. if I get him flipped, wedge him around with my rear and hammersaw whenever the weapon gets up to speed. if I get flipped, fire the flipper immediately even if the weapon is still going - I want to get launched somewhere random so he can't snowball.

GL

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Broken Tooth vs The AP Test (aka Apiergon)

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat May 02, 2020 11:54 pm

So i get 500 words now, cool
Also this is the closest i will get to a mirror match.
Dammit Gabe why in the actual fuck is the geometry in your bot so confusing, the paint pattern with the horrible colors doesn't help either.
He is a bit faster, we both have low control and torque but i do have mecanums to strafe to get just a bit more maneuverability.
He's got 13 weapon and 11 weapon armor while i have 12 and 13 respectively. I win weapon to weapon but that won't get me anywhere and is not a likely kind of hit to happen. I got 8 chasis armor, shock damage is negligible and i can take a few direct hits, probably 2 in the same place. Meanwhile he's got only 4, a few weapon to weapon hits should disable his arm from shock damage and he is toast after one hit outside the weapon, he may say that a hit in the front wedge will tear it off completely while taking all the damage BUT i will argue that at 8(corner) damage part of it will transfer to the mounting... which is right next to the tiny wheels.
I will start facing him with my rear and watch where he goes, move out to the opposite side to where he is going. Once we are half the arena from each other i will turn around to face him with my front and THEN spin up my weapon, this is just to throw him off psychologically.
If he engages with his front i will try to do my best to force a weapon to weapon hit, strafing should help and he isn't dominant enough in drivetrain to reliably get past my weapon. If he hits my wedgelets they will get torn off WITHOUT destroying everything nearby. If we do go right in the middle in both of us like i want we should hit weapon to weapon before the wedges contact, the hit could go for either of us. If he lands the hit and i end up flipper i should have enough power on the spinner to just hit the floor at landing and bounce until landing right way up, if that fails turn in place while self righting with the arm to not face him at all times. If i get the hit i will rush in and try to get a hit anywhere ASAP. My bar should have an easier time catching than his 1 tooth disc so i have the better odds here.
If he goes with his rear keep my distance for a little then rush in, just make sure to hit right in between his two wedges, if i can't make sure of that then keep backing off around the furnace. His arm doesn't reach that far from his back and will only be able to hit my spinner in a hit i am favored because angles. He is also very exposed in his low armor before and after firing the arm.
Don't drive into the floor hazard and don't let him line me up to hit me and make me land in them. Attack if he goes for the furnace door.
Don't do stupid shit.
Good Fun Have Luck Gabe
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53