Vexed! Round 3: Thundercaller and Avanti! vs Vivace and Coulrogenesis

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 3: Thundercaller and Avanti! vs Vivace and Coulrogenesis

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:02 pm

ThundercallerAvanti!VSVivaceCoulrogenesis
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 8|Speed: 7Speed: 4
Traction: 6Traction: 7|Traction: 6Traction: 3
Torque: 2Torque: 3|Torque: 4Torque: 1
Weapon: 5Weapon: 0|Weapon: 0Weapon: 15
Armour: 10 (+1 Plow)Armour: 12|Armour: 13Armour: 7
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Vexed! Round 3: Thundercaller and Avanti! vs Vivace and Coulrogenesis

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri May 01, 2020 10:39 pm

Start inverted. Get the hell away from the OOTA wall at the start.

If they gang on up on Vivace, take my free spinups and go after them! 4 speed’s still like 10mph and can cross the arena in a few seconds: if they want to try to keep me out of the fight, at minimum they’ll have to be running away from me (lolaggressionscore) while actively fighting Vivace, and one mistake and Drew can feed one of them to me if I’m nearby. Technically so can they but I can turn my weapon away from him and Vivace won’t get one-shot even by a wheel hit.

If Avanti’s focusing me: lead with the spinner. He has a shallow wedge that I can easily skip up. His antimonstertrucking forks are TINY and they take 4 damage because corner hits. With repeated hits I can tear them off and eat his front wheels, at which point he’ll have a lot of trouble driving. Until that point harass Thundercaller as much as I can since it is a KO threat to Vivace. Hopefully once Avanti’s hobbled Drew will get an opening to doorstop TC and feed me its wheels.

If Thundercaller’s focusing me, go forks-first and be AGGRESSIVE when I’m at full speed. My longer forks give me a wedge advantage and if he rides up them I can easily pivot my spinner into either his wheels or the corners of his wedge, near the tip where it’ll be extra susceptible to getting curled down – even with 13 armor a corner hit can bend stuff. Use this strategy on Avanti too if skipping into his wheels isn’t working out. Stay well away from the OOTA zones and screws. My strafing ability should make flanking me difficult, especially since he’s likely to consistently do it the same direction (towards either the spinner or non-spinner side).

If they both focus me, good luck having Vivace not interfere.

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sat May 02, 2020 2:03 pm

I outwedge Vivace and my wedge teeth are short enough and he doesn't have a speed advantage, so he's not angling in on them either. If this is a match between control bots or equal speed, I can toss him five feet. He can't do much but push me. I can also just hook away if I get wedged, so ya, feeding me to the clown isn't gonna work so well. My rear wedge is hinged, with some generous angle limiters, and my front is part of the flipper assembly, which has a lot of travel. Combined with his shallow wedge and my loads of ground clearance, it all adds up to "he can't high-end me at all".

The plan is mostly just let Avanti handle the clown and I'll go after Vivace. Note that his width disguises the fact that his wheelbase is pretty long too, and his wheels are at the very back. His 2WD -1 control ratio is going to underperform compared to mine. Go head to head with him with relentless aggression. Watch for hooking, jackknifing, and angling in attempts. Cut them off if I notice them early enough or j-hook away and then charge into his exposed side if I don't. When it comes to angling in, he doesn't have a speed edge to do it. Don't bother push against him. Flip when I'm under. Flip again. Snowball him and chuck him OOTA as soon as possible. I have the better wedge, marginally better control, the ability to escape his wedge with ease, and an actual weapon. Leverage those.

After Vivace's gone, double team the clown with Avanti. Watch for swingarounds and it trying to outwedge me. Shove it to the edge and chuck it out too. Even while we're still in a 2v2, occasionally reverse and go front-hinged vs Vivace (it's a 50/50) to change things up and force Drew out of his comfort zone, but suddenly dart big wedge first at clown if I see an opportunity to give my partner the advantage. Drew will come after me, but reaction time is a thing and I'll only do this if I'm already close.

TL;DR: I have the better wedge, control, ability to escape his wedge, and a weapon. Go after Vivace, snowball, and OOTA it. Opportunistically help my teammate by going front-hinged. Then double-team Coulrogenesis after Vivace's gone.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Regular dustpan

Gonna play some defense for coulrogenesis. See what Thundercaller is going to do. If he's aiming to attack coulro, intercept by either getting under his side when he's distracted or by angling underneath the wedge. There's probably some doubt from Laz that I'll be able to angle underneath, but doing it right at the last second before he can adjust accordingly means that he won't really be able to stop me either. You're gonna need some Gary Gin reaction time for that shit. Once I'm under him and he's in the dustpan, he can't really escape all that well since we have the same drive stats, and I have more torque. Pin him to a wall and force him to waste his flipper gas trying to get out. Turn accordingly if he tries to drive out of the dustpan. If I can't seem to get underneath him, try to cause him to get antsy and misfire, do a fakeout or two. While his flipper is wide open, get underneath him. Same tactics go for when I go into wedge mode. Point and laugh when he attempts to monstertruck and fails.

After that, Coulro should be finished taking out Avanti. Do whatever it takes to feed the flipper to the spinner. I don't have to last all 3 minutes, just long enough that HFL can rip and tear through Avanti.

Good luck

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:53 pm

Using the plow.

Going for Coulrowhatever right off the bat, rushing for it as I have the speed to reach that thing before it gets to proper, spinning speed. It’s going to be the same old, giving him a tour of the arena hazards and the walls, especially the pulverisers and killsaws to really tear up that seven armour of his, possibly even damage those delicate mecanums to mess up his strafe-ability and all that, ramming him into walls and the like aggressively to mess his weapon up perhaps. Always keep my plow facing towards his spinner, at least somewhat, to prevent him doing any bait and switches by swinging that blade around to attack my sides which is a challenge in its own right of course because of how wide my plow his, he really doesn’t have a chance. If he gets under me then he’s never going to be pushing me around, I’ll have wheels on the ground and the vastly superior drive power, especially against those mecanum wheels of his, meaning I can push him back. I also have the speed to reverse off of them as well. A horizontal spinner with 4 drive motors inside it is going to abuse the fuck out of its own batteries, the whole thing certainly won’t be at full power as the match goes on, especially his blade as it takes hit after hit against both my plow and the walls, dishing out just as much KE to itself. If he ever is upside down at any point in the match then he’s easy game, his blade riding up my plow as I drive forward, getting under him easily and beaching him on my wedge without any of his wheels touching the ground, free for me to push him around the place and into hazards. The back of his robot is completely flat, meaning he could easily get stuck on it, even easier if he’s against the wall, leaving him to be counted out. Hopefully I can beach and T him up against the OOTA wall for Laz to toss him out.
Hopefully Vivace will be out before Coulro but if not then angle in on him with my speed advantage, go for him from behind if distracted, pin him against an OOTA wall to be tossed out. I have the speed to easily get out of his own.
GL