Vexed! Round 3: Omicron32 and Chimera IV vs M A S H E E N and This Side Down

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 3: Omicron32 and Chimera IV vs M A S H E E N and This Side Down

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:01 pm

Omicron32Chimera IVVSM A S H E E NThis Side Down
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 7|Speed: 4Speed: 7
Traction: 6Traction: 7|Traction: 2Traction: 6
Torque: 4Torque: 2|Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 2Weapon: 5|Weapon: 16Weapon: 2
Armour: 11 (+1 Front of Plow/Lifter)Armour: 9 (+2 Forks/Wedge)|Armour: 7Armour: 12
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: Vexed! Round 3: Omicron32 and Chimera IV vs M A S H E E N and This Side Down

Post by Trihunter » Fri May 01, 2020 11:55 am

Short wedgey bois, please.

Masheen can push serious damage and KO either of these bots in a 1v1 fairly easily via corner/shock damage, the challenge is ensuring it's not a 2v1. From the outset, the initial target is Chimera. Since TSD's kinda far away, if they go for a double box rush, aim our trajectory so we broadside Chimera on the outset, and if they don't, just go for Chimera initially. Something something angle in if we're gonna be going wedge to wedge. Do typical flipper stuffs whenever we catch one of them: flip em over (especially Chimera, since it's more affected by being upside down), stack em on the walls (Omicron's wheelpods probably love being stranded like that). Keep an eye on what Noah's up to, and if he's struggling and we're pretty clear, head over and give em a hand by wedging their opponent and feeding em to the spinner, or, in the case of a double team, picking off one of them and dumping them further away.

tl;dr: play support, keep Chimera's wedge useless, prevent 2v1s, be a nuisance.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Vexed! Round 3: Omicron32 and Chimera IV vs M A S H E E N and This Side Down

Post by V900 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:57 pm

Observations:
  • Omicron has 12 armor on it's wedge and 10 everywhere else. Worst case scenario here is 4 damage if I hit a flat surface, which'll still be able to distort + bend his wedge.
  • If I get under and smack the underside of his dustpan, that's a corner hit for 5 damage, which'll heavily distort it (if not tear it off completely). And needless to say a 6 damage chassis hit is almost certainly going to either KO or tear off a wheel pod, reducing his movement to crab-walking.
  • Chimera is a different story. I do 3 damage to the plow (4 off a corner hit, which can be huge for bending it's wedge)... but I do 4.5 shock damage on every hit. That's gonna stack up real quickly.
Strategy:
  • Target Omicron first. Tri will go after Chimera.
  • There are no teeth or clamps on Omicron to stop me from turning on top of his massive wedge. So, I'll do exactly that. Get on his wedge and then turn to slam my drum into the wheelpods. If that doesn't work, just gyrodance to get on top of him.
  • If Omicron ditches and Chimera comes after me instead, focus on monstertrucking over him and hitting the top of his chassis. If that doesn't work after 30sec of trying, just start slapping the wedge in whatever way I can (erratic driving, gyroing, etc) to hit his plow. Just driving straight at him could hit that top third of his plow.
  • If they both come at me, prioritize Chimera. Omicron can't really do much besides push, whereas Chimera is slightly more of a threat. A few 4.5 damage shocks to the flipper should help take it down a peg below OOTA range, at least.
  • Avoid the OOTA corners in general (I start in a hammer corner AFAIK). Disregard hazards, they do minimal damage to me.
tl;dr BIG DRUM CRUSH LITTLE BOT

gl hf

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat May 02, 2020 1:39 pm

FORKS ON

these forks are the patented Interrobang anti-black dog clone forks®. if I take Masheen head-on, he's never given a chance to catch on any hard corners, and is instead just endlessly hitting a curved fork surface. he has a 4/2, I have a 7/7, good fucking luck trying to out-maneuver me lol.

START OF MATCH:

I start across from TSD though, so the goal is to early game gang up on him with Omicron (as Ive done in my last 2 fights: turns out having 2 bots that are fast and dont need to spend time spinning up gives you a nice early game advantage). if I get under, give him a quick flip and leave him and Omi to fight it out. if I don't, whatever Omi will in a moment and I can just self right if I get flipped. we have less time here than I did against molten and Blue max, so keep things quick.

GENERAL PLAN:

take my engages with Masheen slow - edge in under the spinner (and start backing up as we engage), dispersing energy from his spinner without letting him get in any big hits. once it's down to 11ish power, turn the tempo all the way up and slam him into walls - preferably the OOTA walls, because, you know, flipper. if he tries to avoid me to gang up on omni, he's exposing his ass for free. get under that instead and ram him directly into TSD.

omicron should be able to keep up with TSD just fine - he's fully invertable so he's always a threat even if he's losing the wedge war consistently, since he can still get under TSD's rear if tri tries to disengage. this should give me the space I need to deal with masheen, but if TSD is threatening me from behind, move well away from masheen and engage TSD on its own until Omicron gets back in the fight - dont be afraid to ignore the bot with shit control and half my speed for short periods of time. if Omi's out, again focus on hunting TSD - it's just like fighting Hati & Skoll: focus on the wedge, dont get trapped between the two, feed the wedge into its ally/ go for the OOTA whenever possible, and stay mobile.

GL

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sat May 02, 2020 7:11 pm

This is my 500th post, woop woop!

Omicron32 is using lifter mode again. Your time will come soon, Mr. Plow...

Gabe's going to be taking down the Masheen, so it's up to me to stop TSD. It's got equal speed and traction but slightly less torque, which means I get to push it around in a pushing match. Yay! It's also got a weaksauce front-hinge flipper that can at best flip Omicron over if it gets alllll the way underneath. I've got a weaksauce lifter that can flip TSD over if it gets underneath at all (though it'll take a bit longer.) We're both pretty wide boyos with pointy wedges so we're pretty equal there. However, if I get under TSD from the side I should be able to dustpan it pretty effectively: it'll have one wheel on the ground and shouldn't be able to drive out very easily if I turn with it as I push it around.

If I get out-wedged, twist back and away before TSD can get far enough underneath for a flip of any significance, and go back in to wedge once more. Don't back into Masheen though. Or the hazards I guess, but that's less important.

So yeah, zip over to TSD and initiate wedge battle which should ideally last for the whole match, while Chimera keeps Masheen under control. Keep TSD from interfering with that. Get TSD in the dustpan area and drive it over to the hazards (and away from the other two) with my superior torque. Masheen is slow, so if it somehow gets away from Chimera I can just avoid it while Chimera comes back and stops it.

That's about it I guess. GLHF everybody!