Vexed! Round 3: Moby Klick and Precision Engine vs Clustername and Ayame

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 3: Moby Klick and Precision Engine vs Clustername and Ayame

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:00 pm

Moby KlickPrecision EngineVSClusternameAyame
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 8|Speed: 7/8Speed: 8
Traction: 3Traction: 7|Traction: 6/7Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 3|Torque: 1/5Torque: 2
Weapon: 12Weapon: 4 (3/3 Split)|Weapon: 7/0Weapon: 1
Armour: 9Armour: 8|Armour: 3/4Armour: 12
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Re: Vexed! Round 3: Moby Klick and Precision Engine vs Clustername and Ayame

Post by winternimbus » Fri May 01, 2020 6:12 pm

spin up, try not to get flipped or bullied around by ayame, screws, wall spikes, essentially just stay towards the center of the arena as much as i can, unless i have to move away from the comfort zone for w/e reasons--accomodate for hockeypucking around the arena.

clustername and ayame are easily huge threats for PE and i, so my focus will be on clustername here, considering that i can easily instagib them. i have no doubts clustername will try to overwhelm PE and allow ayame into the picture to flip them around, so any component of clustername that i can take out ASAP--the better. keep their speed and the mecanums of the red part of clustername into mind too.

let PE take on ayame, they're evenly matched statwise, but PE has alot more torque at their disposal, so after clustername is out of the picture, i'll distract ayame--probably bonk them around and maybe trick them into firing their flipper early, to open up spots for PE to come in and clamp down and proceed to throw them into the hazards. let us score points and take on ayame, because this is also probably going to the judges too lmao

good luck and good burger!
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:58 pm

Straight Wedge Edge.

Moby's agile/tough for an FBS and hits quite hard, but it's still got all the usual weaknesses (flippable, knocks itself back, no wedge protection), so it'll be especially vulnerable when slowed/stopped. PE is likewise fast/strong, but its armour is somewhat lacking for its type (Clustername can deal good damage), it has no corner protection, and it loses most weapon/wedge functionality if flipped.

So which one of us goes out depends on who they start with. If it’s Moby, I'll go in first and use my speed/armour to smother it (aiming for the opposite way he’s turning to minimise damage and knock him farthest back), force it against walls/corners and into the hazards (limiting its movement there to stop it spinning up), and ultimately flip it. If I can, force it into PE (or vice versa, especially when it’s spinning) to attack both. If it’s PE, hang back for the time being and let Clustername handle it since it can only attack one bot at a time and they’re both very fast, it’s better suited to damaging/controlling it. Intervene whenever needed though; flip and keep PE inverted if I can to help Clustername and nullify its weapons, and if Moby tries to get involved; fight it off, keep it away from the twins, and when possible, use it against PE. Copy either Bot’s movements if they try driving off while I'm underneath, and keep them both upside-down as much as possible.

Defence mostly comes down to staying laser-focused on both of them and who's doing what, and both countering and actively stopping them from mounting any offence with either bot (PE = Clustername, Moby = Ayame). Aim for the sides/corners away from PE's weapon and dodge/counter immediately if caught underneath, don’t fire the flipper unless definitely under to avoid baits, and when engaging either bot, make sure the other is in no position to come in from behind. Protect Clustername from Moby whenever it’s spinning (and force it into them likewise when he’s slowed/stopped if I can), keep constantly moving and unpredictable, self-right and escape immediately if flipped, don't accidentally hit the twins, and don’t expose my back/sides to either, but Moby in particular. Generally be aggressive, strategic, and force them onto the back foot constantly with our respective advantages and always helping each other out as needed to score the kills.

Good luck!

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat May 02, 2020 7:15 pm

Default config
I am going to do the predictable thing stay the fuck away from Moby Klick, i will focus down on Precision Engine.
It will be a 2v1 situation, Overmind will try to circle strafe around to get a good angle, if he keeps facing Vindicator then Overmind can just come in from the side and flip, if he instead tries to defend the strafing he will give his side to Vindicator for a even better wall slam. Defending against both at the same time is going to be tricky.
Even without the tricks I still have a solid shot at getting under from the front to chain with Overmind or wall slam with Vindicator
The goal is to keep PE as far away from Ayame and Moby Klick as possible, pin a lot, exploit his self righting and stuff like that to win the JD.
If he clamps fully Overmind then Vindicator will just continue with the same strategy, just don't ram straight at my other bot. Having another bot clamped will make it harder for him to drive, just keep PE far from the other half of the fight.
If he clamps Vindicator instead it gets trickier, as i can't really approach from the front without friendly fire. He may be able to keep facing me if i try to flank with Overmind while clamping with Vindicator if he holds it vertically but that may be hard so try flanking anyways then. If he doesn't lift Vindicator at all he will barely be able to push btw.
Lets say flanking PE holding Vindicator fails, he will try to feed it to Moby, so plan B is to move a bit out of the way to see if he goes for it and then attack from the side or the back once he is closer to me and is distracted. If he doesn't fall for this shit then we basically get a stalemate until he has to release Vindicator.
GL HF stay the fuck away from the shell spinner.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Superbomb122

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Feels good to have the best wedge here.

Clustername can’t really hurt me. Overlord can hurt my wheels, and both of them have similar speed to me, but their armor is in OHKO range for Moby Klick and I still bully them around by virtue of being double their weights.

The bigger sticking point here is Ayame. It stands a much better chance of stuffing Moby, so I can’t let that happen. I have the longer wedge and can press with the forks (if that’s relevant anymore idk). He also can’t escape my clamp with that flicker.

The plan at the start is to intercept the box rushes at Moby. Clustername won’t be a problem to disrupt; I’ll probably draw Vindicator away, and Overlord dies to Moby at half speed. I do need to stuff Ayame’s rush, though. If he can't get to Moby, Moby will be plenty able to deal with Clustername. As such, I will hard focus Ayame. Get under, slam it into walls, lift, just keep it occupied. If part of Clustername comes for me, turn away from it and drop Ayame if I really need to get away.

If I’m flipped, move the top fork out of my way and use the now inverted bottom wedge to wedge and push. Keep away from Hazards unless I have Ayame in a good place to use them. Occasionally check whether Moby’s being bullied by the cluster and create space for him if need be.

GLHF Maxi and Alex
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9