The Act of Being Polite vs Paradox

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

The Act of Being Polite vs Paradox

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:28 pm

The Act of Being Polite: Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7
Paradox: Speed: 5 Traction: 4 Torque: 2 Weapon: 10 (Twin vertical spinning discs and lifting arms) Armour: 9 (+1 to tracks)

The mandem seriously bonused his tracks.

Spin up as soon as the match starts, heading towards him as soon as I get up to speed. Seriously? No plow whatsoever? Just a bunch of long, thin, dangly bits for me to rip, buckle, bend and tear? Nice! If I’m not tearing off those long ass lifting arms I’m bending them horrifically, to the point where they either completely cover his weapon from being able to hit anything or buckled to the point where they’re jamming up his weapon completely. There is very little chance that we’ll ever go weapon to weapon because of those longass forks, meaning that this match is just me tearing up a modernised version of Panzer Wraith for a bit, making him wish that he was more like the American Panzer MK bots. You can bonus the treads all you want, but the whole track assembly is a delicate thing that I can easily tear up and disable in a single hit or two. Essentially, this is payback for him beating me in my home turf and I’m going to savour every second of it, sending parts flying for the crowd, even when he’s immobile, May as well go out with a bang right? Try to keep the match away from the walls and corners, keeping it in the centre of the ring, he’s not really the kind of bot that can control me at all, I don’t want to lose to some stupid oota from nowhere. Always face him weapon first and always keep my blade up to full spinning speed.
Best of luck Alex!

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: The Act of Being Polite vs Paradox

Post by GF93 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:00 am

Untethered Forks, Corner Wedges.

Right, one last shot at playoffs! TAOBP has a very powerful weapon much like the other horizontals I've fought lately, and the armour's decent. However, he's also got plenty of gaps in the framework that I can hook into with my forks, I can damage him, and my drive beats out his on top of being able to stay in one place far better with the tracks. What really helps me though, is the arena; I can OOTA him (either the same way I did against V-Trigger or by spearing and then lifting him over the wall), no hazards that can pluck my tracks, and there are plenty of flat walls that I can use to pin him while I get under.

Basically, I'm going to be balls-to-the-wall aggressive on top of going for the whole "spearfishing" approach of the last two fights; I feel if it's going to work even once, it'll be against this one. Wind back the forks behind/atop me (so he can't hit them too soon), spin up, move out quickly, and do my best to tank the initial hit and force him back; angle in in the direction his bar's turning (so we're doing weapon-weapon) to knock him away, then immediately get in, force him against the wall/corner as I drop the forks down, then hook him with them after using the discs to get his wheels off the ground.

Ideally, I want to be able to hook him right through the frame, and then immediately take him to the OOTA zone, lift him just over the wall, then reverse to dump him out. Alternatively, lift him on top of me (either weapon) and then flip the forks forward to lift him over, ala V-Trigger. It might take an attempt or a few though, so in between attempts, squash him against the walls/corners to wear down the clock, use the discs to chain hits on him (especially around the wheels/frames), stay directly in contact (either me or the wall/floor) to stop his bar from turning, and just generally do everything possible to be aggressive, prevent him from spinning up/escaping, and setting him up to be speared.

Good luck!