Diablo Genesis vs Dragonfist

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Diablo Genesis vs Dragonfist

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:14 pm

ABR plow, flipper, no forks.
Flails huh? Very noodly

Ok she's gonna need to take a hot minute to back away from the wall with her longass flails. Her spinup time is also going to be slower since she needs to really get going for those flails to be at their full length and spinning at a speed where it's deadly enough. And on top of that it's still gonna take her about 4 seconds to spin all the way up. I have 4 torque and 7 speed, which should be more than enough to prepare for a rush. Yep that's right, fire in the hole bitches. See where her flails line up and make sure that I take the hit right on the front of my plow. None of this "oh no, I made her hit my side like a dumbass". Y'know.....I feel like people use Nuts as too much of a reference. There is no way that DF is able to take cheap shots every single time a damn thing hits the flails :V. Oh dear, shock damage....well I would be worried with the last version of Genesis, but since this one has a third arm on the plow to support big hits, if one arm gets bent, the other two are still in immaculate condition and able to flip.

Rush the FUCK outta this. Avoid letting the shell get up to a dangerous speed and take the first hit on the plow whether she's at 900rpm or her full 2300rpm or whatever the fuck her top speed is. Even if it somehow would take the hit on the side of my plow, the sides of my dustpan are covered by the ABR, and the flails would ride up the sides and make the bot unstable like Gary Bussey smoking wine and drinking weed. I might take damage, but I only need one flip to ruin her day, especially since the flails do nothing to help her self right with her shape. Try to see if I can flip her OOTA. If I cannot, stuff her again to prevent her from spinning up. Flip her over and even if the flip misses, get under one of the flails she has and clamp it. Take her around the box. Repeat this tactic until I can either OOTA or the timer runs out. Do not let her spin back up.
Good luck

Rocket

Re: Diablo Genesis vs Dragonfist

Post by Rocket » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:59 pm

Diablo Genesis III (Fmoth Flove Flamp) (4-1)
Speed: 7 | Traction: 6 | Torque: 4 | Weapon: 3 | Armour: 10 (+3 front) | 2WD | Hinged Wedge

Dragonfist (Flail Meta Best Meta) (4-1)
Speed: 3 | Traction: 1 | Torque 1 | Weapon: 16 | Armour: 9 | 4WD | Shell spinner

---

DG3's config and setup screams box-rush and it just barely has the speed to pull it off. At least, that'd normally be the case. However, something that has to be taken into account is my flails. They massively extend my range and are likely to skip and bounce off of DG3's chassis. Even allowing for his speed, he's going to be constantly buffeted to one side by my flails, and doing that will slow down his approach and give me more time to spin up; the negative effects of the sustained scrapes on my bot will at worst make me get to full speed a little slower. Stopping me completely is extremely unlikely. The only way he could do that is to use his flipper like a clamp and forcibly monch the flail. That'd result in him taking an 8 damage hit directly to the chassis, though, so I doubt he's trying that.

I'll start as I mean to go on; spin up and head for the centre. I want to make him turn a little bit, so I'll take a slightly curving route to the centre in the direction opposite to my direction of spin so he gets forced to take a hit if he rushes me and I won't get flung right into a wall. Speaking of hits, my shell's got heavy undercutter teeth on it. A hit from one of those will damage his plough and do a serious number on his internals. Dragonfist's got deceptively long reach with the shell and it might - MIGHT - get a swipe on the unprotected side. That'd be 9 damage and goodnight Vienna. Even so, the huge shock damage from a hit to his plough will cause some serious internal damage. His flipper's electrically powered as well, so if the electrics go a bit wonky that might seriously impede his ability to flip.

If I do get flipped, keep the shell going and coin around all over the place. He doesn't have the speed to chain flips and I can eventually reset and probably wind up in a better position than I started in. I can dish out some serious hurt and DG3 can't take it for three minutes, so he probably wants a quick OOTA. Being uncontrollable means he won't get that. Instead, he gets to take scrapes and gouges from my flails and the possibility for a lucky side hit from either the flails or the shell to instantly KO him. It's a hard fight for DG3 and a winnable one for me, but I can't be complacent. Watch for baiting and tricky strategies.

---

This has been a fantastic season for Dragonfist. 4-1 and with an almost certain playoff berth. In a group with some seriously big armour, I'll definitely take that. The middleweight division has some serious bricks in it but I have hope that DF can mangle a few and make it to the semis or maybe even the final. Here's hoping. =]

Good luck Wolf, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)