CBC4: Carapace vs. Pressure Flop II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

CBC4: Carapace vs. Pressure Flop II

Post by attackfrog » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:46 pm

Carapace: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9403#p72623
Pressure Flop II: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9403#p72622

Carapace is using its main statline.

This is going to be more or less a OHKO either way, so I've got to be the one that hits first. Carapace is faster and more mobile, but PF2's turret lets it kind of just sit there and wait for me to come into range. We've got no obstacles in this arena, so all I can do is try some fancy driving: coming in close to hammer range and backing off, trying to bait a misfire from Maxi; circling around a bit; and then finally, when he doesn't expect it, just blasting in there and smashing the hammer down ASAP. With luck I can damage PF2's hammer before it can fire it. Either way, my hammer will reset a little faster due to being a little lower powered so I can just stay on top of PF2 while it resets and then fire again before PF2 can fire again. After two shots, PF2 should be done for. Maxi will probably try to escape or use PF2's turret to twist off of Carapace's pontoons, but if I just keep pushing in in whatever direction PF2 is twisting I can keep it in place.

GLHF Maxi!

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC4: Carapace vs. Pressure Flop II

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:25 pm

Pressure Flop II: 3/1/1/19(15 hammer / 4 turret)/7
Carapace: 5/3/1/13/8
He isn't actually that much faster than me, at 7 vs 5 speed.
We both deal enough damage for the match to boil down to a single hit. Well my hammer only takes 3 damage and his only 4 but still the chances of landing a hit in the other guy's hammer are small, Even then 4 damage in the right place can probably mess up his weapon a bit.
Anyways the "one hit fight" favors me as i have more range, my weapon is also closer to the front of my bot which in theory gives me even more range but in reality not because the big front of his bot is just a wedge, hitting it will not win me immediately the fight so i wont target it.
He can slightly outpace my turret and flank me but that isn't going to work as the difference in speed is so small he needs me to be stationary and also needs to be close enough to me that he gets in range of my weapon, which is bad because he can't flank while pointing his weapon at me. Basically if he tries to flank i get a free shot.
His drivetrain isn't strong enough for him to do any sort of bait that works as long as i don't fire until he gets close enough to land a hit in the main chasis, just don't fall for dumb shit.
Start the fight by going straight to the center, we actually start pretty far from each other so i will get plenty of space. When he goes at me start reversing when he gets pretty close, this makes his speed relative to me very slow, making baiting imposible and getting me plenty of time to hit him before he gets in range.
As for where i want to hit, the chasis is guaranteed to at least disable a side of his drive, the main target tho is the big circle thing where the weapon mechanism obviously is, it's a big easy target that guarantees taking out the scary weapon.
If he chickens out and waits get closer to him while staying the closest to the center and see if he attacks. If he really chickens out and runs away just chase after and stop close but out of range, worst case i win the idiot JD for not running away.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53