Defenestrator vs. Tabor (CBC4 HW Week 7)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Defenestrator vs. Tabor (CBC4 HW Week 7)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 pm

STATS:

Defenestrator: 7/6/2/4/11 (+1 pontoons and forks)
Tabor: 6/4/3/5/7 (5 turret + 5 lifter) / 10 (+2 plow)

CLAMP CONFIG PLEASE. Rocket said Tabor's using the Type 1A Meme-Sized Plow, AKA the tall scoop that curves the other way at the top.
First of all drive super aggressively. Get in her face and try to follow the inevitable swerving around with her turret. Be ready to use my momentum to just drive past her and circle around for another try if she gets it to my side.

Lol I know exactly why she picked the super-tall scoop. (a) so she DEFINITELY won’t square-wave, and (b) because she thinks its height will make it un-grabbable. The first is true. The second is probably true IF it’s oriented vertically, but it won’t be for long because I have a lifter too! If I get my forks under it and lift, that’ll raise her lifter and tilt both our weapons until my tooth can make solid contact with its face! Keep the jaws wide open and ram her quickly and aggressively so if I wedge her her scoop rides all the way back and butts against the “backstop” plate. Lift, grab, and use my long range of motion to either break her ground contact or drag her up onto my pontoons, then push her into the corner.

She might try yanking her lifter away since it’s a little faster. It’s still a battle of reaction time, though, and if she succeeds keep pushing forward: it’s my pontoons against her skirt-forks and I have more reach. If grabbing isn’t working at all, lower my jaw so I can get the whole thing under her scoop and just lift with it.

Wedge wars are about even, but her scoop’s recurve shape prevents me from getting almost ANY “bite” with her wedge. She can’t high-center me and even with a 5-speed lifter I’m likely to slip off instead of getting overturned – see how Duck’s short beak + vertical plow performs? OTOH, her skirts are what stops her from square-waving so their angle limiters have to have very limited upward range – and since she has them on all sides this will make her easy to high-center despite her chassis’s high ground clearance!

Push/drag her into the corners after using up 2/3 of the moving pin timer, then see if I can get her over the wall via non-suplex means, and otherwise just run the clock down. 30 second pins mean just three good grabs gives me control over literally half the match.

Rocket

Re: Defenestrator vs. Tabor (CBC4 HW Week 7)

Post by Rocket » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:31 pm

Defenestrator (Tesco Own-Brand Greedy Snake) (4-1) (Sorry HFL, once you see it it cannot be unseen...)
Speed: 7 | Traction: 6 | Torque: 2 | Weapon: 4 (presumably 3 clamp / 3 lifter) | Armour: 11 (+1 various pointy bits) | 4WD | Hinged wedgelets and a limited pressing wedge

Tabor Mark 4: Fant4stic T4b-Four (We Thought We'd Made Her Stop Falling Over) (3-2)
Speed: 6 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 7 (5 turret / 5 lifter) | Armour: 10 (+2 lifter) | 4WD | Lifty scoop | Type 1A Meme-Sized Plough

Minor note before we start: Tabor's in the playoffs! The old girl's got a guaranteed playoff berth despite losing her first two fights! O frabjous day! Calloo! Callay! I chortle in my joy!

---

Defen's a strong competitor but I have one literally massive advantage: the good old Meme-Sized Plough. Defen wins by getting OOTAs through suplex-fu and in order to do that, it needs to get a good grip. My fucknormous plough on the front really gets in the way of HFL doing that. Let's make this happen.

Start by heading for the middle of the park with my plough just skimming the floorboards. Defen's faster and more controlled but I have better pushing power and acceleration, plus I get to angle in on him really effectively. Watch for any baiting, though. The plough can keep him at arm's length, but if he gets a grip on my chassis I've got problems. Instead, I want to angle in and use my own momentum and lifty power to bowl him over. Once he does that, I can keep shoving him around. He's not invertible and his self-righting is a little slow, so once I turn him turtle I can keep shoving him around and getting him off-balance. The more time I spend doing that, the less time he has to attack me.

There's no hazards here except the walls so I want to take the centre ground and stay there. Turning this into a fight by the walls means I'm one mistake from getting suplex-OOTAed. I don't want that. I want to nullify every advantage he has. I can beat him by forcing him to play things my way. I want to bait him into attacks and then swing around to attack his sides because he didn't know what direction my wheels were facing. I want to use every trick I can to suffocate Defenestrator. Go for the hinged wedgelets. Go for the sides. Never take a head-on engagement because his spindly forks can slip through the Type 1A's teeth gaps but he only has one direction of attack and I have 360 of them.

If he gets under me, the gap means I can lift the plough slightly and jet off to the side furthest from any walls, using my own mild oversteer to my advantage, then counter-punching with a rushing lift. If he manages to get a grab on my chassis, I can turn us both over with my lifter and keep making him flop around even when caught. I can beat one of the Sexy Six.

I can do this.

---

Good luck, HFL, and have beans. Fun. I meant fun.
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)