Vexed! Round 2: Ayame and Avanti! vs Trilobite 2 and Molten

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 2: Ayame and Avanti! vs Trilobite 2 and Molten

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:16 pm

AyameAvanti!VSTrilobite 2Molten
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 8|Speed: 9Speed: 4
Traction: 7Traction: 7|Traction: 9Traction: 2
Torque: 2Torque: 3|Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 1Weapon: 0|Weapon: 0Weapon: 16
Armour: 12Armour: 12|Armour: 9 (+2 Front Plate)Armour: 7
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

British-Robotics

Re: Vexed! Round 2: Ayame and Avanti! vs Trilobite 2 and Molten

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:51 pm

Be on the defensive and spin up my weapon from the start, once I'm at full power with my weapon I'll start going on the attack. Ayame would be a more suitable target for me to go after since she has very broad wedges that could be damaged pretty well. I'm not too worried with Avanti from the slightest so I'll still focus on Ayame.

Good luck and may the best robot win

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:13 pm

Spiky bits on!

---
Start by charging fast at Avanti!. I've got the drivetrain to disrupt any box-rush attempts Ethan makes, and my hinged tail and wide surface area means it's actually very difficult for Ayame to get a flip on me from behind. Once I've high-centred Avanti! on my wedge (because high-centring Avanti!'s a piece of piss) and shoved it away, turn and move back to block off Ayame's charge. I can keep doing this long enough that Molten can get up tae speed, and once TBR does that, it's time to go on the offensive.

Molten deals four damage to both our opponents when going at full pelt. Both of them have anti-spinner ploughs but four damage is still four damage, so something's getting smashed up a bunch. In an ideal world, it's Ayame. I can comprehensively outwedge both bots but I can't do that nearly as well if I get flipped, so getting Ayame pounded into gravel is the order of the day. Once TBR's at full speed, it's therefore time to try and shove Ayame towards him. My convex front makes it very difficult for bots with low ground clearance (like both opponents) to J-hook effectively, so I can shove them around and control the fight very well indeed.

That all said, whichever opponent takes the first hit is the one I want to focus on, because for all that it'll mess them up a four damage hit isn't an instant KO. I'll take notice of where Molten bounces off to and go back to blocking for him until he's up to speed, at which point the same tactic happens again! The repeated hits from Molten are gonna add up over the fight and they will definitely break before I do. Once one's taken care of, we can gang up on the other.

If Molten gets taken out before I do, it's up to me to go aggressive. Use my better drivetrain to get flanking charges off on Ayame and shove her around a bit but disengage when I get ganged up on. Driving one or both opponents into the hazards will net me some damage and aggression points that I'll need to win.
---

Good luck to both Ethan and GF, and I hope you both have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Sawtooth Wedge.

Right, Trilobite again and a pretty strong shell spinner in Molten to contend with. Trilobite's fast and armoured up front, but it's weak round the back (at only 7 or so), can be angled into with my sawtooth wedges, and is especially vulnerable when flipped while we're both still fast enough to keep up. Likewise, Molten hits hard and has generally good protection, but its drive is pretty slow, and with plenty hazards about, it can be either damaged effectively or kept from spinning up provided Avanti! and I keep up the aggression.

So mostly, what I'll do is act according to who they send out first. If it's Molten, let Avanti! go for it first since he's strong against slower-but-heavy-hitting spinners. If it's Trilobite, take a similar approach to last time and focus on attacking from the sides/corners and to the sides of the forks to maximise the chances of myself getting under, flipping it, and then taking it to the hazards, squashing it into walls to wear down the clock, and just generally keeping it on its back and prevented from bringing its superior speed into play. Chase it down if it runs away, force its back end into Molten if I can, and just generally be as relentless as possible throughout.

If I'm stuck with Molten however, angle into it toward the direction it's spinning to minimise the damage I take, force it back into the walls/hazards to stop it spinning up, then flip it over to kill it; have one of us stay nearby to stop it taking advantage if it self-rights however. In any case; stay laser-focused on both parts, force them onto the defence (IE. stay close to Molten to stop it spinning up and avoid attacking Trilobite head-on), don't flip unless definitely underneath, and only go near hazards when using them ourselves. Force them onto the back foot constantly!

Good luck.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:44 pm

Using the plow

Ayame goes for Trilo first, I go for Molten

A heavy, powerful shell like Molten will take a long long time to spin up, especially with a high weapon stat like that, it’ll just take a long long while to get up to any sort of decent speed, with my drive power I have an ample time to just box rush it before it gets up to any sort of real speed to where it can actually trouble me. The majority of this match I imagine will just be smothering Molten, pinning it against walls, under the pulveriser and particularly onto the kilksaws, a few rips from that on his soft underbelly could really mess him up, possibly even knock him out after a short while. Just keep on him wedge first at all times and I should be good, maybe even set him up by the OOTA zone for Ayame to take care of him, leaving us with a 2v1 situation. If Molten somehow gets up to speed, it’s not the most stable thing in the world, the teeth are almost touching the ground normally but when it hits a slanted surface like a wedge, the opposite tooth will hit the ground and send it flying, penny-ing about the place, rather unstably. I’ll try and deflect it into Trilobite if it does get up to speed, it hasn’t really got the traction to stop itself from hitting it’s partner and with her being distracted by Ayame, it may tear up it’s un-bonused backside wedge and wheels, maybe even rip either off.

Trilobite isn’t going to be as dominant as first thought, literally the only front part thats ground-scraping are those forks, if you get under it from even slightly towards the side, it doesn’t have the ground clearance to put a wheel on the ground and when it’s flipped the ground clearance us ungodly large. It’s also easily low enough for me to drive off when I’m wedges from the side, I should always have at least one wheel touching the ground or. Wedge from the side when Molten is away or dead and when Trilo’s going for Ayame, let it spin those wheels and let Alex get under it, carry it to a wall and toss it out. If flipped already just come at it from the side and push it about the place.
Gl