Vexed! Round 2: Omicron32 and Tiamat vs Vortex and Caffeine Machine

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 2: Omicron32 and Tiamat vs Vortex and Caffeine Machine

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:15 pm

Omicron32TiamatVSVortexCaffeine Machine
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 7|Speed: 5Speed: 7
Traction: 6Traction: 5|Traction: 5Traction: 6
Torque: 4Torque: 1|Torque: 1Torque: 4
Weapon: 2Weapon: 5|Weapon: 14Weapon: 0
Armour: 11 (+1 Plow/Front of Lifter)Armour: 10 (+2 Wedge)|Armour: 5 (+1 Drum)Armour: 13
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

CodeSilver23

Re: Vexed! Round 2: Omicron32 and Tiamat vs Vortex and Caffeine Machine

Post by CodeSilver23 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:36 pm

We meet again, Tiamat. You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me. (also thx for my first win ever)

Okay so RP time. I will let Vortex decide who it'll go after, and then go after the other one.

Omnicron: This bot is a mix of a tape player, Duck, and Mecha Rampage. Change my mind. Anyways, this one is definitely spinnerfood, so main goal here is to test and see if my wedge is better than his or not. If so, hell yeah, slam him into everything. If not, go to sides, then commence the slamming into everything.

Tiamat: So I now know that Tiamat's wedges are apparently better than mine, so the strat is to not go head-on, but instead try and get under one of the sides. Then it's just the tactic of ramming him into everything (preferably the screws, but if we're not pointing in that direction then oh well because I don't want Tiamat to be freed from me turning.). Also if Vortex is hungry I can always just feed him some Tiamat Fillet Mignon.

Good luck to everyone, and I hope everyone's quarantine is doing well!
Team 2nd Place
Rookie comin' to get yo cookie
REDDIT: Super Soldier (0-3)
ROBOT3: Electron (0-7)
Vexed!: Caffeine Machine (1-0)
Ayyy! got my first ever win this year!

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:52 pm

using the forks for this one

i'm gonna let jack handle caffeine man and work on attacking vortex. it should be fairly easy to angle in on with my better drive stats so i'm gonna go for it. keep him out of the fray so cm can't use him as a weapon and just keep juggling him and scoring points, getting him into the hazards and such. stay on the offensive, back away and j-hook if i'm in a bad situation and always make sure i never get hit anywhere but the front. look for patterns in their movement to exploit to get hits. try to keep vortex upside down so he can't get under people.

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:08 pm

I have a weapon that will damage either of my opponents and I will a slightly easier time wedging Tiamat as were both 4WD with hinged wedges but my wedges are thinner and will get under any gap he has.

At the start, spin up and go after Tiamat. Go straight for him, hit him and follow up for repeated hits. If hes flipped over, spin up to full speed and aim for the rear of his chassis for maximum damage and to try and rip off a wheel. Keep hitting until hes immobile. Then help out with Omicron. Stay in the middle of the arena and try to sandwich him between me and CM. He'll either wedge me and allow CM to wedge him or keep on CM and allow me free hits at the rear. Chain hits together and allow CM to push him into the walls. I'll then follow up with my drum to do damage. repeat until he's immobile. And avoid the hazards.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:58 pm

Omicron32 will use its (non-plow) lifter config.

Dylan's going for Vortex, so I'll be happy to work on controlling Caffeine Machine. I have a feeling that I'm the tastier target for Vortex, but I think Tiamat has enough of a drive advantage over Vortex that I won't have to worry to much about it coming after Omicron32. I'll be watching out for that, though.

CM and O32 have identical drive stats, but I've got a lifter and it does not. Its wedgelets are long where my lifter is wide, so I'll have a bit of an advantage when it comes to angling in. The rest of the time, it's just a straight up wedge-off between hinged wedgelets and a pressing lifter. Hopefully the pointy bits at the end of my wedge will help a bit in getting underneath.

If I get underneath, I can dustpan CM, lift it (or lift its front wheels off the ground at least: either way it loses pushing power) and start pushing it into arena hazards. If it tries to reverse out of my grasp, I can just push in to hold onto it, turning with CM if it tries to J-hook off my lifter. I'll keep control of CM this way the entire match, ideally.

If it CM gets under Omicron32, my lifter will get caught on those two anti-monster-trucking fork things. I can just raise my lifter a bit to put my front wheels back on the ground and have a pushing match where neither of us go anywhere. Eventually we'll separate and I'll have another shot at getting underneath.

Ideally the match will stay like this the whole time, with me slightly out-controlling CM and Dylan out-controlling Vortex. If our opponents switch it up on us I'll do my best to hold off Vortex while Tiamat smacks it in the ass and then get back to controlling CM.

GLHF all!