Vexed! Round 2: Moby Klick and Fork the Wind vs Coulrogenesis and This Side Down

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 2: Moby Klick and Fork the Wind vs Coulrogenesis and This Side Down

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:14 pm

Moby KlickFork the WindVSCoulrogenesisThis Side Down
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 8|Speed: 4Speed: 7
Traction: 3Traction: 8|Traction: 3Traction: 6
Torque: 1Torque: 1|Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 12Weapon: 8|Weapon: 15Weapon: 2
Armour: 9Armour: 5|Armour: 7Armour: 12
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Re: Vexed! Round 2: Moby Klick and Fork the Wind vs Coulrogenesis and This Side Down

Post by winternimbus » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:48 pm

poggers moment when i have to fight TSD again

spin up, keep my distance from the OOTA zones (even though TSD can't OOTA me), screws, wall spikes, essentially just stay towards the center of the arena as much as i can--accomodate for hockeypucking around the arena. let FTW take on TSD, i'll keep my focus on coulrogenesis and try to get some good smashes in on their drive pods--considering it can pretty much easily OHKO FTW if i'm not prepared. keep coulrogenesis's mecanum drive in mind too, and just generally try to keep them away from FTW. also don't try to get flipped by TSD either.

this is probably going to be similar to MK + tiamat vs CM + TSD tbh, but hopefully i'll prolly be able to carry FTW and i, with the damage i'm doing to coulrogenesis. if coulrogenesis is out of the picture and/or disabled one way or another, start to distract TSD by circling around it, bonking it in the drive and wheels. although i figure they'd probably know the whole runthrough rendezvous by now, so keep an eye on it. let FTW bonk it around too, and eventually both team up on it. try to score as much points as possible too. that's a pretty solid plan lmao

good luck and good burger!
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

patrickrowberry

Re: Vexed! Round 2: Moby Klick and Fork the Wind vs Coulrogenesis and This Side Down

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:57 pm

strat:

play defender go for this side down meet him in cross piont and hopefully take him away from my team mate

avoid my team mate at all costs

should be easy with or without forks I can angle in get him over let my team mate spin up keep the flipper of him and let the 2 spinners have a brawl while I deal with the flipper

hoping my forks can get udner form angling in us gryo to get of

be aggressive when on him run away when the spinners approach let my team mate do the rest

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Short forks please

Ok, so, I'm basically invulnerable in this match whilst I stay in the ring. Predicting Pat's gonna box rush me and try for a quick OotA, so let's start off by rushing Klick down, getting under, plowing them into the nearest solid surface and hooking that srimech on the OotA wall, or, failing that, leaving them stuck upside down. If Pat chases and tries to kill, either he fails coz we're in the middle of the ring, or I'm buried so far under Klick that the inertia is dampened too much to be thrown out. Overall, the plan is basically the same as last time: Ensure everything gets stuck inverted as much and as long as possible, by predicting, angling and throwing over. Seeing as neither bot has a reliable srimech, that shouldn't be too hard to manage once we're out of the initial chaos. Just alternate between whichever bot is most mobile, ensuring they're quickly stranded upside down again. Getting the bots stacked near walls could be beneficial, too. Favour walls further from OotA zones, just in case Pat pulls off some nonsense or catches me unawares. Coulrogenesis absolutely should not have to fight Klick, so given a choice, KO Klick first if Coulrogenesis is still alive, and FTW if it's a 2v1. As long as we can keep up momentum, it'll be as easy as last week.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 pm

Don’t really need a fancy opening here, just spin up and get away from the wall and OOTA zone. Moby can’t/shouldn’t try to rush me, Pat has a diagonal if he goes for me and no insta-oota. Get in the middle of the box. I know Tri wants to go after Moby ASAP, so avoid getting in his way. If Moby wants to open by attacking me or hiding behind me, though, take the opportunity to knock him into the wall. After that get in the middle-ish of the box and see what our opponents are doing.

If Fork the Wind is focusing on ME, let him come! Keep the weapon pointed at him and strafe towards him. If he tries to get around my side scoot sideways to follow him and turn. If he refuses to engage use my non-forks side as bait and turn the blade into him in the direction of my weapon torque. If he successfully gets to my side, hang out near the wall (spike strips or pulverizers, NOT screws or OOTAs) so he doesn’t have room to get around me. This Side Down should keep Moby out of my hair. If for some reason I have their whole team attacking me, prioritize pointing my weapon at Moby since Pat can’t really damage me, and rush Moby preemptively to knock us both away.

If FTW’s focusing on This Side Down, chase after the faster bots as best I can and take any chance I can get to catch Pat while he’s distracted – but keep an eye on Moby, and smack him if he comes after me. I’m fine with 1v1ing him; he ain’t flanking me with a 5/3 drivetrain and I win W2W 1-2 and shock damage 2-3!

Once Pat’s taken out, the plan is for Tri to rush, corner, and invert Moby, and if possible feed him to me and flip him over so I can tear his srimech pole off! Failing that, try to position myself so he self-rights on top of me; I can’t get under his shell normally, but if he belly-flops on top of my bar he’s probably losing some wheels or getting a bent baseplate (which could high-center him).