Shade Fist vs National Security

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Shade Fist vs National Security

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:23 pm

if i win this fight, do i get put on a list :V

one thing i notice about this bot is its ground clearance - with how the wheels are, if it gets kicked upwards just a tiny bit, the rest of the bot will rub against the ground and stop its momentum pretty handily. that's gonna be my key here.

get the drum spun up, point it at him and start juggling. angle slightly inwards against his direction of spin, to protect my front corner while he's up to speed, and otherwise just start kicking him around. with one speed and no way to get spun once he's in the air, he'll be at my mercy for quite a while. the overall goal of this fight would be to kick him into one of the oota zones to close out the fight quickly. as long as i'm close by and he can't get spun, there's really nothing he can do.

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Superbomb122

Re: Shade Fist vs National Security

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:55 pm

Alright, time to grab a playoff spot.

So, I do a minimum of 5 flat damage to any part of Shade Fist in an arena where box rushing is very, very hard. Still, Badnik is an experienced member fighting for a better seeding. He’s going to make me work for this, no doubt. The good news is I don’t take that much damage from him, only 3 flat damage, as his bot isn’t getting many corner hits without a wedge.

Most collisions will be weapon-to-weapon, which I win thanks to NS’s teeth being so low to the ground. Badnik is going to have a considerable amount of trouble getting under a rapidly-spinning object, especially when he doesn’t have a wedge to work with. His 5 speed is also not enough to stuff my weapon barring some really bad luck, especially at the start of the match in this arena.

When the match starts, Spin up and move out of the starting square to give myself room. Then, approach Shade Fist, trying hard to stay away from walls. Eventually, he’s going to have to attack, and his angles to do so are limited.

Attack head-on? My teeth deal more flat damage to his drum than his drum does corner damage, and the slot in the middle of the drum looks mighty tasty.

Angle into the teeth? He guarantees that I get corner damage on the drum with the possible reward of destabilizing me as his weapon explodes.

Angle slightly away from the teeth? Any mistake in driving caused by -2 traction differential gets his supports nuked. It’s a losing situation to be in for Badnik. As is life in this meta.

TL;DR A long-winded spin2win

GLHF Badnik

P.S. I'm an idiot and didn't notice this thread at first
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9