RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE Week 1: bot vs Avanti!

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE Week 1: bot vs Avanti!

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:36 pm

bot: 11/6/1/4(3 melty/3 flipper)/8 normal config
Avanti!: 8/7/3/0/12 plow with Wedgelets on it

Remember, the rules say you can easily drive up to 3 speed lower than your stat to be more controllable, so i will drive at 8 speed at all times unless i am twacking-meltying or explicitly state so.

So you are telling me that if i break all 4 of the things in the corners i can spawn a giant robot spider with a laser gun? I'm in lmao.
I will start the fight by rushing towards the nearest statue and do the melty thing next to it, so i can then break it(6 traction = effectively instant spinup). Then i will do the same for the next one and continue with all four. When Avanti! inevitably gets close to me i will start facing it (while strafing to the next statue) to force the engagement to be wedge to wedge, if i get under flip and use the time i gained to break the next statue.

With that out of the way proceed to fight like a flipper, with the occasional twack mixed in. If Omen is there make sure i am the one farther from it. Chain flips and stuff, get him to any house robot. Don't go in the middle area with the rain, if i end there do the melty thing so if Ethan tries anything i get thrown into safety.

If i get wedged try the common things like j-hook or backing off, if that fails try to engage melty brain mode, that should do something specially with the instant spinup.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE Week 1: bot vs Avanti!

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:40 pm

Basically, just go for him right out of the gate, being as aggressive as I can to get those points on the board, I have the wedge advantage as I have forks and he most definitely does not. The aim of the game is to just keep feeding him to the House robot, I should definitely be able to pin him against walls and the house robot zone especially so that Han-D can bring that hammer down and fuck him up, all the while avoiding him myself. If he tries to come out me with his melty mode then, he’s not exactly going to be doing much at all, I can tank everything he can throw at me and with his hammer being rounded and hinged, it will literally just deflect off of my plow, I can easily come in and just ram him into a wall or the house bot. If he slows down to come at me with 8 speed then it’s probably not going to work out well for him, he has -2 traction and I’m going to be angling in on my approaches slightly, meaning he’ll have to bob, weave and turn, even if he can strafe, he still needs to angle himself and he will almost definitely overshoot any turns, especially with the massive weight of that hammer in the back messing with his turns, meaning I can come in for an easy wedge. If he ever tries to retreat at his high speed, he should run into a wall, which won’t look good to the judges, maybe he’ll even run into the house bot accidentally if these retreats are at his higher speeds. Try and stay away from his flipper, my wedge can be used when invertible and I’m sure I can reverse off it with ease but still. This match won’t look good for him if it goes to the judges, he won’t be doing much damage, certainly won’t be the aggressor and I’m the one who will probably doing all the pushing, corralling and overall controlling. If Omen somehow gets spawned then stay the fuck away from it, maybe try and make him retreat into it every now and then, still following him and keeping aggressive, always facing him wedge first, no matter what.
Best of luck.