Final Mecha Catbot vs Dr Robotnik

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Final Mecha Catbot vs Dr Robotnik

Post by V900 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:59 pm

Spoiler
V900 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:37 pm Lightweight:
Final Mecha Catbot

Speed: 9
Torque: 2
Traction: 8
Armor: 9
Weapon: 2 (flipper)

Armor: 11 (+2 plow)
Weapon: 0

Has lots of armor and boasts the (second) fastest speed in the entire bracket. Where we're going, we don't need torque. 2 should be juuust enough to push deathspinners around, though.

The 11+2 plow is hinged 10 degrees in each direction.

Also does the Hoarfrost thing where it's wedge works even inverted. (NOTE: INSERT PROOF THAT IT WORKS HERE).
NWOWWE wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:01 pm LW: Dr. Robotnik

Invertable 2WD disc undercutter. Can function as an overcutter when inverted.

Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 7

Dr Robotnik: Big Arm by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab
plow config

Observations:
  • 5 speed is not enough to keep up with 9 speed. Maybe that'd work if I had something with 7 speed, but definitely not 9. You can only take "oh well I'm fast relative to other HS" so far.
  • Those spikes seem to have a metallic sheen and don't have anything along the lines of "oh they pop off/bend" in the description, so it can be assumed that they're bolted to the robot (and thus Dr. R can be high-centered on them)
  • 14 weapon oh man RIP I was wondering where the extra points were coming from
  • No, you can't go "2 torque LOL" because acceleration scales exponentially with points invested. I accelerate at twice the rate you do.
  • The top bar doesn't affect the function of my robot much (if at all). Don't bank on scoring big damage points with the judges by targeting it.
Strategy:
  • If he's far away: line up a shot and ram into him at very high speeds. Punt him into the spikes.
  • If he's close to me: push him away a bit. 2 torque > 1 torque.
  • Avoid the tombstone thing by slowly backing up until he's too close to pull it off in time. If he starts turning to one side, attack that side with my front.
  • Avoid hazards.
and uh yeah that's kinda the whole strategy. Not much to it. Fast 13 armor wedge go 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱

gl hf

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: Final Mecha Catbot vs Dr Robotnik

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:31 pm

-Speedy armored wedge with a token weapon. Meh :v

-Honestly not too much elaborate to say here. Try to keep my back to a wall and the disc pointed at him. He doesn't really have the "oomph" to throw me out, so that shouldn't be a worry here.

-Can't really do much damage to his front, but there's always the possibility of getting a shot at something softer with a bit of luck and good driving.

-The main idea will be to just land as many hits as possible and limit the amount he can push me to hazards or smother me. If I can prevent him from looking like he accomplished too much impressive stuff I can likely swing a JD by virtue of just being able to say I smacked him in the face with a big disc a bunch of times while he just did boring wedge shit.

-If I can smack him into a hazard with my disc, that's a great bonus.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.