CBC4 LW Round 7: Eagle's Hawk vs Bluetooth

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

CBC4 LW Round 7: Eagle's Hawk vs Bluetooth

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:12 am

Just do the classic Anti-HS strategy against Bluetooth. They have exposed wheels and vulnerable chassis, so they can get the wheels torn in one hit and the weapon mechanism mangled by the disc.
In addition, we have the slight speed edge. Attack aggressively and keep our front pointed, utilizing the hazards too. Also chain hits and stuff the bar. Do it until they are knocked out.

Good luck Attackfrog

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: CBC4 LW Round 7: Eagle's Hawk vs Bluetooth

Post by attackfrog » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:47 pm

Bluetooth is using its flails because I haven't used anything but its default configuration for this entire tournament and with how well this robot has done I'm sure as heck not going to be running it in another one so if I'm not going to use the flails now they're just wasted effort which is a real shame because I spent a decent amount of time rendering them in CAD and they're not bad flails, you know, and I think they deserve their chance in the arena so I'm using them here, against Eagle's Hawk, which is a reasonably good matchup in which to use flails and I hope Billy doesn't mind going up against them and we'll see how it goes in the end but it should be a good match! (inhales deeply)

OK so with the flails on, Bluetooth is an overcutter and is pretty much going to skip over EH's armored wedge entirely. If I'm lucky I'll get a wheel shot (which should take off whatever wheel I hit). More likely I'll be going weapon to weapon, which will damage my weapon not at all. It will damage EH's weapon a little bit though, and if I hit the weapon supports it will kind of obliterate them. Unless they get the weapon armor bonus? There's nothing about that in the CBC4 rules, so they shouldn't get it...

The thing I need to avoid, of course, is letting Eagle's Hawk stop Bluetooth's spinner. Billy could try to do this by coming in slowly, in which case EH will take a lot of hits to the weapon/weapon support, or trying to come in fast, in which case it'll take some serious hits to the weapon support or maybe the wheels. The damage it takes on the way in should be enough to influence the match in my favor, and even if it gets in far enough to stop the spinner, I can still whack it with the flails as I try to spin up again. If it turns into a pushing match, I can still show aggression that way.

So yeah, keep away from the walls and spun up as much as possible, and hit Eagle's Hawk with the flails over and over until it is dead.

GLHF Billy!