CBC4 FW Round 7: Angry Bird: Seed Killer Gen II vs Vindicator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

CBC4 FW Round 7: Angry Bird: Seed Killer Gen II vs Vindicator

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am

We deal huge damage. The arena also favors us with no pit, tall enough wall that slams won't OOTA, and the hazards do good damage to them, so they'll have to be careful. Our forks can also help.

Start by moving and watching where they are going. If they go straight, try to hammer them regardless if we actually wedge or get outwedged. If they try to get around our side, keep our front pointed at them, including when they quickly go to the other side in response. If they stop and observe to wait for us to either oversteer or bait into firing, deny them those. Finally if they try to angle in on our wedgelets, turn our bot so the hammer will be at range of their chassis.

When we get outwedged, they'll try to control us. However, they have to be careful at the icicles, because their speed means they may potentially overshot even with perfect control, and also take more damage than us. Also, being popped will interrupt their movement, giving us time to hit them or position ourself to prevent from being at disadvantage. If we get popped, we can still fire the hammer to shake free or threaten them.

We also learn from Black Dog that while one shot isn't enough, but can KO them in very few hits and one hit will mess their performance up severely, as well as how Vindicator can't escape being hit forever. Exploit their fear and cautiousness by always firing the hammer when we are outwedged, damaging them and forcing them into backing off if it misses, buying us more time in getting a hit and lessening their control while netting ourself aggression, though KO is the plan. We have enough downward firing range to threaten the chassis, so we can still KO them from there.

For escape, hop with the hammer. Then quickly turn around to get our hammer at their chassis again. Drive well, watch out for any tricks, don't oversteer excessively, and self right when flipped. Be aggressive when attacking, but also careful for any tricks that will be pulled. Vary our strategy with some methodical shots and waiting for them to be relaxed when they start predicting our moves to catch them off guard, but also not giving them any breathing room or losing our aggression in getting finishing hits.

Good luck YS

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC4 FW Round 7: Angry Bird: Seed Killer Gen II vs Vindicator

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:31 pm

Angery brid: 4/2/1/14/9 Regular config
Vindicator: 9/9/7/0/5 Normal Wedges
I got all the drive, he is clunky AF and to land a hit needs me in a very precise spot, don't be there.
That starting corner is a nice spot to be for him, i don't wan't him there. Start by waiting for him to come from my starting square. If he also waits then start moving around my half of the arena but don't go to his half until he moves far from his square, if this fight goes the 3 minutes without us interacting then so be it.
If he comes at me i will wait near the edge of the diagonal wall parallel to it, if he just goes in he will first cross in front of me and then turn around, giving me a moment to get to his side. If he is smarter and stays near his long wall, going far away from me and then turns, he can't do this while facing me, i will rush at him when he is a bit far from his starting square.
In case of him not going at me, if he is at a open place i can go around him at a safe distance until i outpace him enough to safely attack. If he is next to a wall it's trickier, i am very good at baiting and a misfire of him is enough. Stay at an angle perpendicular to the wall, even if he doesn't take the bait stay there. If he goes at me i can lure him away from the wall, he can't go anywhere else without giving me his side and if he stays there he isn't scoring points.
In any of those (5?) cases, i want to do at an angle not towards a starting square, i want to push him straight into the stabbing cold, after multiple 2 damage hits a wheel should break. When i get him into it stay at a close but safe distance, at an angle halfway between the two walls, near the hazard's corner. When he gets free he has to choose between staying in the hazard, coming at me towards a open space only to get flanked or escaping in another direction, giving me his side and letting me push him back in. If he gets free by firing the hammer i have 2 seconds to get him back in and then RUN.

Good Luck, Have Fun
May the best bot and driver make playoffs.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53