Ori vs Grand Vizier (CBC4 Week 7 FW)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Ori vs Grand Vizier (CBC4 Week 7 FW)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:51 pm

I don't care if there's no organ, put this on the PA system!

STATS:
Ori: 7/7/2/4/10(+2 front wedge)
Grand Vizier: 6/4/1/12/7

FORKS CONFIG PLEASE.
Okay there’s, like… not much actual chassis near the ground on this thing. I know I can’t outreach his forks. However, (a) my forks may contact his actual weapon with a glancing blow that pops him up and doesn’t launch me, (b) if I do get wedged they present a very narrow area for him to actually catch, esp as his teeth are thin blades that do NOT extend the full width of his drum, and (c) they’re at a slight outward angle and if I can get them behind the arrowhead tips and under the tube parts of his forks, I can get under him.

Be as aggressive as possible, staying in his face and avoiding giving him a chance to do long run-ups to get much bite. Keep circling him and trying to either get around his forks or force him to turn so much he tips sideways with his tall body and narrow front. Try to make him back himself into a wall with the reversing turns verts love doing to avoid gyro effects.

I know I’m going to take some hits. However, my front wedge takes almost no damage from his weapon; what’s important is making sure he doesn’t hit my chassis or wheels. If I get flipped over retreat, self-right, and avoid contact until my flipper retracts. Worst-case take an inverted hit on my wedge.

Be cautious with the flipper: make sure I actually have it under something solid so I don’t just fire into his drum. Try to get him inverted; gyro self-righting could be tricky with that shape and his forks are long enough I’m not sure if he can hit the wall. Try to get him out of the arena ASAP: given his shape the best way is probably to pen him in a corner with the spikes so he can’t avoid getting between me and the wall.

GL HF

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: Ori vs Grand Vizier (CBC4 Week 7 FW)

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:24 pm

-Remember when Jafar banished Aladdin to the ends of the earth? Pretty sure it was here.

-He's faster than me, but I'm not completely left in the dust. I'd like to try and keep away from the general area of the OotA zone, so I'll camp out near a safe wall and keep one of the hazard zones close at hand.

-The forks can be a bit tricky, but he sacrifices range on the actual flipper itself, so if I can keep the drum pointed at him, it'll be pretty hard for him to get under any part of Grand Vizier that he can safely and effectively flip me, let alone try to push me.

-If I can pop him around with my drum, I'd like to try and juggle him around the hazard zone, and rack up extra damage and control points that way. If I happen to find myself on the offensive and near the OotA zone, I can try to pop him over it, but I won't go out of my way to do so. I don't want to actively bring the fight into that area.

-If I'm having trouble with him bullying me around, see if I can't monster truck over him to some degree. He doesn't have much of anything defensively to prevent that.

-Long and short: keep the drum pointed at him as much as possible, try to herd him in the area of the corner hazards. Use drum and hazards to keep him juggled around as much as I can.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.