CBC4 FW Week 7: Gas Gas Gas vs Chinesium

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 FW Week 7: Gas Gas Gas vs Chinesium

Post by Trihunter » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:39 pm

Gas Gas GasChinesium
ImageImage
Speed: 10Speed: 4
Traction: 10Traction: 2
Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 3Weapon: 16
Armour: 4Armour: 7
Have some eurobeat
From an initial overview, this looks like a shoe-in for Chinesium, I bet. However, that thing has to spin up, and good lord, look at that ground clearance. The moment anything gets under it, it's shagged. And, I'm in the easiest ring to rush in, with the best bot in the tournament for rushing.

Plan is pretty obvious. Get in there ASAP, rushing to beat that four second spinup. Anticipate a feint and steer into it as it starts to emerge, they won't have the time to double back on it and we should slip easily under that flat front, or at least get in a controlling position. Once under, they're immobile, so use the lifter to keep balance and either stack em up against the OotA zone, reposition and hoist them out, if the spinner's high in the sky or outright broken from having to spin up so many times, or go for a big ram to CLANG the spinner on the wall or floor if it's lower down. We outstrip their drivetrain by an insane margin, so we should be able to effectively position and get control back in the 4+ seconds needed to recover. From there, keep it up, notice any sort of patterns they try to employ, and remember that the moment we're under, both wheels are off the ground so the only way they can control me even slightly is fidgeting with the gyro. If Chinesium is able to pick up a head of steam, play more cautiously in our approach, but maintain pressure, slip under (they can't even really Ray Billings us due to how little of the circumference the bar covers) and repeat the usual rigmarole.

tl;dr: Full aggro, exploit Chinesium's inability to drive if even slightly wedged, WALL, be untouchable as hell
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Superbomb122

Re: CBC4 FW Week 7: Gas Gas Gas vs Chinesium

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:51 pm

Gas Gas Gas is the only bot that stands a reasonable chance of box rushing in this arena. Good news is It shouldn’t take too much spin up before I can just, absolutely obliterate him.

The plan here is to rush out of my box along the wall immediately while spinning up to avoid his maximum D O R I F T O box rush that you just know he can’t resist. If he tries to track my rush, reverse to bait him into ramming a wall and dealing damage to his own wedge. Despite his really good control meaning a normal bot could react to the bait, a bot that is made to fishtail around the arena won’t stop doing so because its driver asked it nicely.

After this, start tracking him if he goes for a flank. To do this, back up while turning to effectively pivot around one wheel. If he gets dangerously close to flanking, pivot around the other wheel to counter and get the nasty hit I need to end the fight, All I need is one good hit.

If this whole sequence of events fails, pull out the patented ‘run like a bitch move’ and do all the Tombstone baits, pivots, etc. to get his charges to miss. Reminder, my spinup starts in a dangerous damage range for him. Even if I’m only allowed to spin the weapon for like 2 seconds, I rip off his wedge.

To the best of my ability, avoid walls after the 5 second mark, especially the OOTA zones, and also avoid the spikes. In short, hazards can go fuck themselves, I’m fighting like a man

TL;DR: Avoid his rush, pivot to counter flanks, get time to spin up, OHKO

GLHF Tri
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9