The Act Of Being Polite vs Acrid

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

The Act Of Being Polite vs Acrid

Post by V900 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:17 pm

Spoiler
Botomatic1000 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:53 pm Middleweight: The Act Of Being Polite
Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7
Woo, The Residents reference bot! Basic Two-wheel drive Undercutter with an internally belt-driven bar and a little dome-piece thing on said bar like Texas Twister has. The little black metal nub on the top of the bulkhead is removable so it can be ran either as an angled spinner without it or an Overcutter with it. Those black bits are just painted on, they are not removable teeth so they shouldn't fly off. The weapon should get a +4 armour bonus because it's shorter than the wheelbase and doesn't make over a third of the mass
V900 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:37 pm Middleweight:
Acrid

Speed: 7
Torque: 3
Traction: 5
Armor: 9
Weapon: 6 (saw)

Armor: 10 (+1 plow)
Weapon: 5 (lifter)

Everyone's favorite crocodile-dog is here to flop around and give your robot AIDS.

Wedge on the saw configuration is hinged 90 degrees in both directions. Saw arm can rotate up to 90 degrees in both directions.
Plow on the secondary configuration can rotate 360 degrees.

It's 4 (four) eyes have bright green LEDs in them that can glow in darker environments. Saw applies a green paint smear on the opponent. Might or might not make a mockup of these. We'll see if I can do so before the deadline.
armor bonus looks like this:
Oh hey look it's the third bot in a row with the exact same 4spd 1tor 2tra 7arm 16wep statline. For reference: [1] [2]

This one doesn't have obnoxious reach (like Magnolia Grande) nor does it's blade have a huge amount of bite to it (like Skoll). Why would anyone be inclined to believe that this match goes any differently?
  • Going for the same big rams as I did vs MG, but this time he can't use "muh ICE" as leverage as to why his robot is a special snowflake. As such, go ahead and push if his blade's stopped against my plow (however: be cautious with this and back off if he begins to spin back up).
  • My main goal is to punt him into the drums. Gutrip city here we come.
  • This should be obvious, but don't try to lift the opponent with my plow. That's something I'd have to commit to (and that's bad when fighting a spinner).
  • Remember: my subpar -2 traction ONLY comes into play if I need to bob and weave at close range. When I'm ramming, I don't need to do that. The less opportunities he has to snipe my wheels, the better.
  • I also just now noticed the "start upside down" thing MW put into his strategy, sneaky sneaky. Watch for if boto does this and keep my plow lifted upward a bit if he does. Alternatively, lift my plow underneath and into his blade.
  • "Obviously watch out if he does the Tombstone thing. Bait him into turning around by driving back and forth, and then go in for the big ram once he falls for it."
  • Slow spinner is slow. I can back off and retreat at any point if I'm in a disadvantageous position. This is a pretty big arena, so I have a lot of space to do so. Avoid walls (unless I'm the one ramming him into them).
gl hf

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: The Act Of Being Polite vs Acrid

Post by Botomatic1000 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:00 pm

Spin up as soon as the match starts and head towards him, his speed just isn’t enough to give him a successful box rush and if he tries it, his imperfect traction means he very well may ram into the drums after mis-judging an attack after I drive out of my Square. At it’s highest, the armour is at 10 and 10 isn’t going to take long to get through, the rest of the body only has 9 and that’s a whole lot of body as well, 16 weapon has a habit of tearing that up. Bonused or not, the very lip of his plow is very thin indeed, meaning it’ll almost definitely get buckled and torn up as the match goes on, rendering it well... not very good... With a plow shape like that, it has noting to deflect any hits towards the sides or back of it, meaning it’ll take some really meaty hits that’ll wreck whatever is connecting the plow to the arms. My bar can ride up his lip a bit better than any single-toothed option, meaning I’ll easily bypass that bonused section and get to the hearty, 9 armour parts I can just tear right into, including the arms of the plow which could render the thing rather flappy and useless, the arms on 360 degree lifters tend to always fail first, just because there’s 3 doesn’t mean it won’t. Heck, I could go through the plow and nom those big juicy tyres if I tear it up enough. A flappy plow, dangling by one arm will be useless, begging to be torn off. Because of how thin my chassis is, my blade sticks out from the back, not further than the wheels of course, but my bot is wider than his plow so even if he gets me from behind somehow, as unlikely as that is with his poor control, he will still be getting hit by my bar. Rounded plows like that don’t deflect things to the side but rather, let blades ride up them, just like a skateboard on a half-ramp, He could flip me by ramming me, meaning that when I’m upside down, his arms are right in the firing line. His traction means if he rams me into anything, he probably will be hitting it too, those arena drums could easily buckle his lip. Stay away from hazards/walls.
Gl