Padoru Machina vs No Fun Machine

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Padoru Machina vs No Fun Machine

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:51 pm

PM: Speed: 9 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 3 / Armor: 10(+2 wedge) - high armor
NFM: Speed: 3 / Traction: 1 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 9 - FLAILS

His sides have 8 armor to my 15 weapon on the flails. if I'm 3/4 of my speed or more I threaten significant damage to his chassis if he does this. I'm not expecting this to deter the rush, necessarily, so I should also be starting with my wheels pointing sideways (my pole is also a directionfinder, so I can tell). I'll do my best to dart to the side as he approaches yes he'll notice, and yes he'll try to adjust, but he's doing it with a suboptimal control ratio, and any amount of turning at all is going to cost him time since it forces him to not put full power to both wheels for the full time. fractions of a second count when it comes to getting as close to max speed as possible.

other advantages I have: his weapon supports jut out noticably and also have 8 armor (probably, though if they get the wedge bonus it's still 4 damage) - I dont actually have to get to his wedge sides to deal corner damage: and hitting him there means I'm not just getting knocked up by the spinner. speaking of the spinner, it has fucking 3 power. no weapon armor bonus (so it also has 8 armor btw). barely any power. it's gonna hit with all the force of a wet spaghetti noodle and certainly wont threaten to flip me unless I'm completely spun down.

obviously do my best to sidestep, stay alive, and take hits that rebound me to at least somewhat advantageous positions. I'm not really in the business of taking the fight to him - if he stalls he'll die to shock damage anyway. I'm hoping that most of our engagements happen with my wheels sideways, so I can at least try to make some microadjustments before impact. if he does start to snowball advantage just keep spinning: if I dont know what I'm doing or where I'm going, neither does he: and his design relies on things going EXACTLY as planned in this matchup, despite having poor control. one misstep, he's dead. no missteps, might still be dead. I deal a lotta fuckin damage

GL

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Padoru Machina vs No Fun Machine

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:18 pm

Anti HS plow please

I am over twice as fast as no fun allowed, he deals 4 (mostly 3 because flails) damage to my plow and 8 everywhere else if he's up to full speed.
My weapon isn't exactly strong but it can potentially flip him, especially after a few hits while he isn't to full speed. His bot's self righting isn't great and the flails make it even more questionable.
The green side of the arena has this drum hazard, they are good, cover the entire wall, take the hit instead of my bot and have the potential to throw NFM completely off balance after a single tap on the flails, i want to use them all the time.
I am not sure of which side of the arena i start on but i think i start in the purple one, which makes it easier for me to get him straight into the hazard.
Start the fight by immediately rushing at him and try to see which direction he spins, if i can't tell asume counterclockwise, as the teeth on the shell don't work clockwise. Anyways charge straight in but offset a bit to the side to take the hit head on, denying any flail shenanigans, if the recoil gets me far away and doesn't make him hit a wall repeat, otherwise do a similar thing but turning into him to actually make contact with the shell to box effectively.
The idea is to box him against one of the narrower walls, which is far more effective because of the flails hitting them if he is anywhere near them.
If we are in the green side try to make sure the hits always sends me to the middle, not sideways. this is so i can always stop any attempts at getting away from the drum hazard. This is fine in the purple side because when he gets away i can go around and start moving the fight to the green side. Only do it in this case, otherwise pin or box him.
If he gets flipped stay near him but at a safe distance, the flails will do crazy shit and may stop him from self righting with the tiny pole, if it looks like he is about to self right only then engage to interrupt him.

Watch out for any shit like changing the spin direction. GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53