Vexed! Round 1: Trilobite 2 and Thundercaller vs Vortex and Ayame

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 1: Trilobite 2 and Thundercaller vs Vortex and Ayame

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:45 pm

Trilobite 2ThundercallerVSVortexAyame
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 9Speed: 7|Speed: 5Speed: 8
Traction: 9Traction: 6|Traction: 5Traction: 7
Torque: 3Torque: 2|Torque: 1Torque: 2
Weapon: 0Weapon: 5|Weapon: 14Weapon: 1
Armour: 9 (+2 Front Plate)Armour: 10 (+1 Plow)|Armour: 5 (+1 Drum)Armour: 12
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: Vexed! Round 1: Trilobite 2 and Thundercaller vs Vortex and Ayame

Post by Madman » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:19 pm

Aight, so Vortex does all of 1 damage to my flipper/plow. Ayame would struggle to send a house of cards tumbling. Meanwhile, both of us have the armour to tank their spinner, and I'm OOTA capable.

I match up pretty well against Vortex: my wedges are even with Vortex's, I can tank it, and I'm quite a bit faster. He also loses his ability to wedge if flipped and will have to choose to either reverse his drum and do less damage or to try to flip himself back over by hitting something. Sure, he can strafe side-to-side to avoid gyro lift, but the second he has to circle strafe, he's in trouble. He's also gonna have almost no knockback resistance with those mecanums. It'll be hard for him to recover after hits. He'll be begging to be smothered and Ayame isn't exactly gonna be able to escape Trilobite.

Trilobite matches up decently with Ayame. It has the better wedge (toothed vs non-toothed) and is faster, which really sucks for a bot like Ayame that's given up almost everything else for speed and relies on being the faster. It's also long enough that a 1-power flipper is really gonna struggle to flip it unless it gets to it from the side. Worse comes to worst, I can flip Trilobite back over.

Basically, if this devolves into two 1v1 matches, we have the advantage in those. Trilobite can outwedge, control, and otherwise occupy Ayame. I want to flip Vortex, snowball and smother it, taking advantage of its poor knockback resistance, and get it out of the arena (avoid having my back to the low wall, though). Trilobite will help opportunistically if it can. Bait him into predictable little strafes and try to figure out his pattern. Watch out for flipper baiting myself and anticipate his attempts to strafe and get around to my very tempting wheels. Also, play my ability to flip from either side to my advantage. If I see Ayame in a vulnerable position, reverse full speed into it and flip. Avoid exposing myself to that drum in the process, though. If I can take care of Vortex, double-team Ayame, obviously. Sorry for the longish RP.
GL people.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:49 pm

I can cause damage to both my opponents and my teammate can keep up with both of them and flip them. I have mecanums to keep my weapon pointed at them and four small wedgelets to get underneath them.

At the start, spin the drum up to full speed and keep my weapon pointed at the nearest opponent. My teammate will go after Trilobite to flip her then i'll move in and damage her as her wedges will be less effective and the way she designed her invertability means a lot of her underside will be vulnerable to my drum. Once she has been immobilised I'll help out with Thundercaller, trying to block the escape route and getting a few hits in. Ayame will flip him over and I'll damage his chassis with the drum. Chain up hits and keep the drum at full speed all of the time. Use my mecanums to get out of tight situations and avoid the hazards.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Sawtooth/Kunai Wedge.

Right, speedy wedge and a flipper! Trilobite's slightly faster than I am with a solid front end, while Thundercaller's got an interesting and powerful flipper design. I'm either faster or fast enough to keep up however, Trilobite lacks weapons and has a vulnerable back end/corners, Thundercaller's slower and is vulnerable to flanking, and both will take good damage from Vortex's drum.

Keeping that in mind, I'll go in first and get Trilobite; protecting Vortex and letting it spin up while I get under, flip it, and then force it into his weapon (especially his 7-armoured body and the wedge tips) to deal maximum damage, and take care of Thundercaller accordingly each time he appears; flanking it, forcing its wheels in particular into the damaging hazards (and Vortex) to cripple its mobility. Keep moving and on the offensive, establish dominance of the middle of the arena and force them near the walls/hazards and on the defence right from the start, and work with Vortex to score one/both kills as needed.

When fighting Trilobite, focus on attacking its body/sides/sides of forks in particular to maximise my chance of getting under; my forked wedges should generally beat his, and he'll be more vulnerable round the sides, so get under, then throw him into Vortex's drum. Keep him flipped, focus on damaging his body, and hopefully that'll let us kill him. When fighting Thundercaller, the important thing will be to avoid either end of his flipper as best as possible; attack from the sides/corners, keep him flipped as much as possible to waste his gas, and when throwing him into Vortex, aim to destroy his scoop/wedge tips or wheels to cripple him.

In either case; only flip when I'm definitely underneath to avoid misfiring, keep my nose to the ground, copy their movements if they try driving off the wedge, keep them away from Vortex until he's spun up and ready, only go near hazards when I'm taking them to them myself, and especially when fighting Thundercaller, STAY AWAY FROM THE OOTA ZONES. If I'm flipped, don't panic; self-right and escape immediately, then continue. If we can take one out, up the aggression; keep them flipped, squash them into the walls to wear down the clock, and make use of the hazards/Vortex where I can.

Good luck!

Rocket

Post by Rocket » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:08 pm

Start by trying to bait Vortex in towards me and trying to make him turn against his gyro. It slows him down and exposes him to attacks on his flank from Thundercaller. If Ayame goes after me, I outdrive and outspeed it, and even if it gets under my hinged tail it'll flick up a little bit before stopping and that'll take a lot of the sting out of the flipper. It'll take me basically riding all the way up Ayame's wedge for it to flip me properly with the weedy little thing it's sporting, so that's something to avoid.

I'm using Thundercaller as my weapon to make OOTAs happen. First, I want to bait out aggression from Vortex with my back end - it'll deal seven damage if he hits, but I can definitely out-drive him and if he's focused on me, he's not watching for Laz to take him from the side or rear and shove him towards the OOTA zone. Once Laz is doing that, keep Ayame from counter-attacking by flanking it and shoving it around. Once Laz gets Vortex out, keep bullying Ayame until Thundercaller can engage, then shove it around until we can OOTA it too.
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)