Vexed! Round 1: Moby Klick and Tiamat vs Caffeine Machine and This Side Down

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 1: Moby Klick and Tiamat vs Caffeine Machine and This Side Down

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:45 pm

Moby KlickTiamatVSCaffeine MachineThis Side Down
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 7|Speed: 7Speed: 7
Traction: 3Traction: 5|Traction: 6Traction: 6
Torque: 1Torque: 1|Torque: 4Torque: 3
Weapon: 12Weapon: 5|Weapon: 0Weapon: 2
Armour: 9Armour: 10 (+2 Wedge/Forks)|Armour: 13Armour: 12
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Re: Vexed! Round 1: Moby Klick and Tiamat vs Caffeine Machine and This Side Down

Post by winternimbus » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:30 pm

first round of vexed is against two bricks that outspeed me and i can't really damage, epic

spin up, keep my distance from the OOTA zones, screws, wall spikes, essentially just stay towards the center of the arena as much as i can--accomodate for hockeypucking around the arena. try not to get boxrushed by CM and TSD either, or get flipped by them--i don't want to spend most of my match on my head, trying to self-right lmao

with my lack of damage against CM and TSD, i'm going to serve as a distraction to CM and TSD, use my shell spinner to knock them around the arena, and keep their attention off tiamat, and let tiamat bap and juggle them around the arena. we're both not going to do much damagewise, but the fact that tiamat can match their speed and could score alot of points if this goes to the judges--which is crucial for us winning.

anyways, the major focus is on TSD--which is the biggest threat here. a good flip from them can render both tiamat and i down for the count, so i'll try to focus on sneakily knocking them around the arena to allow an opening for tiamat to juggle them around. CM isn't a threat at all, annoying, yes--but not an issue. try not to get pinned by CM, and because it looks super prone to zombie killer-ing, try to let tiamat shoot it up against the wall and leave it down for the count.

good luck and good burger!
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

CodeSilver23

Re: Vexed! Round 1: Moby Klick and Tiamat vs Caffeine Machine and This Side Down

Post by CodeSilver23 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:04 am

Oh cool, I'm teaming up with my #1 prediction.
Ok so basically imma start by box rushing the fbs (naturally) and just ram him into the wall. Then maybe TWD can take my place and flip Klick upside down and bully him around the arena. I will then advance on Tiamat, knowing that I should win the wedge battle, and ram him into everything (maybe stick him on the screws).
Let's go kick some names and take some ass!
Team 2nd Place
Rookie comin' to get yo cookie
REDDIT: Super Soldier (0-3)
ROBOT3: Electron (0-7)
Vexed!: Caffeine Machine (1-0)
Ayyy! got my first ever win this year!

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:40 pm

Long forks, please

Code's covered the jist of it; I'm the KO power here, so we need to flip shit ASAP. Utilize the long-ass forks to slip under Tiamat and stack it up on the wall, and cover for Caffeine as they need it to keep the weapons low-speed, upside down and jammed in the wall. Doesn't affect the outcome much but it can't hurt to do so for control purposes. Screws are fun too, see if we can trap Klick's arm in one of them. Klick is a priority over Tiamat, since it's got the potential to deal some sort of damage. If they try anything, stonewall them and flip em over again. Probably best to avoid forking Klick at high speed, so use the plain segments of the wedge to stun them, but it's not too big of an issue if they do clip them due to armour. Srimech as needed, help my teammate out if they're in jeopardy.

tl;dr: be a brick, stick everything in the wall upside down
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)