Vexed! Round 1: Avanti! and Chimera IV vs Clustername and Molten

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

Vexed! Round 1: Avanti! and Chimera IV vs Clustername and Molten

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Avanti!Chimera IVVSClusternameMolten
ImageImage|ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 7|Speed: 7/8Speed: 4
Traction: 7Traction: 7|Traction: 6/7Traction: 2
Torque: 3Torque: 2|Torque: 1/5Torque: 1
Weapon: 0Weapon: 5|Weapon: 7/0Weapon: 16
Armour: 12Armour: 9 (+2 Forks/Wedge)|Armour: 3/4Armour: 7
Note: Configs/Wedges shown in this table may not reflect the configs/wedges being used in the match.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

British-Robotics

Re: Vexed! Round 1: Avanti! and Chimera IV vs Clustername and Molten

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:58 am

Move away from the OOTA area as quickly as possible and get some time for my weapon to spin up at full power, drive up to the middle of the arena, I want to avoid getting boxed and keep on moving within the middle and try stay closer to Chimera or Avanti whatever the situation. I'll strike if my teammate manages to pin either opposition. Avoid hitting my teammate in the process of the match.

If Avanti is heading right at me; move away from him and act as a distraction to waste time.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:58 pm

ABR. Avanti! should also be going with his anti-spinner setup. the fact that we're full robots and the clusters are half weight should give us decent wedge advantage even with the wider setups (I'll personally be focusing on angling in to them when possible as well). I have OOTA potential (especially against clusters): use it if the opportunity presents. I can also try flipping clusters into their spinner ally.

START OF MATCH: gang up on clusters. I'd like to prioritize the vert and flip it if I can, with that low weapon power it probably can't right itself. take what I can get though. the goal here is for me to take the aggro of the clusterbots so avanti! gets space to start dealing with molten, but if TBR starts making his way over and Avanti! is preoccupied I can manage molten until Ethan can take over.

MIDDLE OF MATCH: let myself get ganged up on by the clusters. I'll still try to take the fight to them proactively when I can - dont worry about chasing a specific one, just dart out and angle in on whoever gets close, flipping immediately (I still have the chassis wedge in this config under the flipper so I'm not free real estate with it fired). keep front facing, avoid getting backed into corners, etc. I expect to get fucked more often than not, but my invertability and ability to self-right (plus exposed wheels for j-hooking, etc.) means that I should be squirrly enough to avoid having either of the clusterbots push me anywhere too awful. if I have to manage molten: tank hits as usual vs spinners, try and get him to rebound into the clusters, OOTA/flip him if he's spun down.

once we take out one of the three of our opponents we'll have the edge: keep tanking whatever's in front of me and flipping it to the best of my ability, but be more aggressive and proactive now that I dont have the threat of a third robot coming in behind me.

GL

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:35 pm

I start in a no OOTA corner, facing Avanti! you figure the rest
Avanti! is tanky but Molten can do damage to it while it can't do anything scary. Chimera has a thick plow and OOTA potential but a hit from Molten anywhere not plow is instant KO.

I will start the fight with sending Vindicator to stop Avanti!, i want to pin it ideally but all i need to do is keep it far away as possible from the rest of the fight. If he gets under he can push me but very slowly so that should make a lot of time.
If he escapes my cornering and runs away i will chase after, the instant it tries to do something that isn't run away from Vindicator he i will get under him from the back or side and pin him whatever wall that works.

Meanwhile Overmind will head to the other side and we will try to gang up on Chimera to kill it. If Gabe is doing a box rush and/or is successfully stuffing TBR i can come from his side to flip him and let the shell spin up fully.
The main plan is to have Molten close to the middle to avoid the walls while i stay kinda close but nearer a wall, preferably the side opposite of where the Vindicator-Avanti! thing is going on, and now Gabe will have to choose between going at Molten and getting attacked by me from the side or going in a head to head engagement at me and having a over 50% chance of getting flipped over like a pancake, just don't do this with my back facing a OOTA wall or my teammate.
Notice how weak Chimera's invertibility is, also his flipper can only do like 5 flips in a row. Also if Molten is behind him when he tries to self right it probably will get hit in the back. Exploit this as much as possible, mecanums should help. Pinning Chimera is harder to do but also a thing i am willing to try.

If any of my bots are in direct line for either of my opponents to send it into Molten move the fuck away.
If we take out Chimera then we can overwhelm Avanti! in a 3v1, maybe a hit in the side can bend the wheelguard and jam a wheel idk.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:54 pm

Using the Wedge.

For starters, me and Gabe will go for the clusterbot, I’ll be prioritising going for the Wedge as it has a very similar drive chain to me and I should have the wedge advantage over it, being the full-weight robot means my much heavier wedge will scrape the ground better, negating any wedge advantage they had. His wedge has a very low ground clearance and when gotten under, the wheels won’t be touching the ground, meaning I am free to bully it all I want, dragging it to the Pulverisers to let them rain down on it. It shouldn’t be able to Monster Truck over me either thanks to my stoppers. Molten doesn’t have the speed to approach is all that quickly, his poor traction means he mat run over the killsaws on his approach, FBSs and Killsaws don’t mix and he will be flung away. A goal in this match is to push part of the clusterbot into the shell, Molten has neither the speed nor the traction to react quick enough when I ram one half of the clusterbot into it which shouldn’t be able to survive one hit. After hanging up on the clusterbot for a short while, I will be going for Molten for a while, which should be your typical FBS vs Brick match aka air hockey. FBSs just can’t handle a full on brick with a bigass plow like mine as they deflect all over the place and with his shell being so low to the ground, almost flush, the moment he hits an angled surface like my plow, the other tooth will hit the floor, with so much mass behind it as well, it will be unstable, ping-ponging about the place, causing damage to itself by hitting walls. Try and deflect as best as I can, especially into killsaws to rip at that soft underbelly. I’m actively trying go pin him against an OOTA wall so I won’t bring the action too far from my teammate, with how long FBSs take to get up to speed after multiple hits, it is very easy to pin him up, teeing him for my partner to toss out so we can bully any part of the clusterbot that’s left. Keeping the shell close to my teammate means I could easily deflect Molten into part of the clusterbot, causing friendly fire.
Good luck