Unnamed & Untamed vs Carapace

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Unnamed & Untamed vs Carapace

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:33 pm

UU
7/6/2/5/10(+2 front wedges and side bits)

C
5 Speed / 3 Traction / 1 Torque / 13 Weapon / 8 Armor

I have the drivetrain advantages here, but i need to be cautious because a couple of swings on my chassis with that hammer will decide the fight quickly. i need to get him oota in a hurry. fortunately, i'm facing the oota zone and with how his wheelbase is there's a decent chance he'll wheelie when he accelerates, so my plan to start is just to box-rush and see if i can't get him oota on the first charge. if he stays in, then i need to reverse and j-turn away in a random direction so he can't catch on and follow me. Keep my front facing him as much as possible so he can only hit my armored flipper and not anywhere else. keep up the pressure and keep angling in and flipping him whenever he tries to line up a shot so he can't build any momentum. the eventual goal is to chuck him oota but if i can get him on the light cycles and do some minor wheel or frame damage to help me out i wouldn't mind. back off and come back in immediately if i ever lose the wedge battle, trying to bait him into firing so he hops upwards and lets me get underneath. he can't really reverse off so if everything lines up that i can go for a big box-long slam-and-flip, go for it. don't do this if his hammer is poised to hit my chassis though. a quick oota is my win condition so do whatever it takes to pull that off.

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Unnamed & Untamed vs Carapace

Post by attackfrog » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:22 pm

Carapace is using its main config.

I just need to hit U&U's chassis to cause major damage. If I hit a wheel, that wheel is gonezo. I get the great privilege of being ranked higher than U&U and starting in the green square, so getting flipped out is less of a danger so long as I stay on the green side. I just have to hang out around there, scoop up U&U, aim Carapace's hammer to either side of the flipper, and smash that hammer button. A couple of those and U&U is done for.

So yeah U&U may be a little faster, but it's going to have to get allll the way around to the side of Carapace for Carapace to not just be able to turn into it and smash it. Badnik's only going to get a couple of those if he's lucky, and I'll be able to easily right Carapace by firing the hammer. Otherwise we're going head to head (my preference of course), and either my pontoons are getting under U&U or our wedgelets are clashing it out as the hammer comes down for a deadly blow.

I'll drive carefully and tactically, going for hammer shots and avoiding getting pushed or flipped towards the OOTA wall (or the "light cycles")if I can. I'll stay alive, get the debilitating hammer shots on U&U eventually, and then deliver the Coup de Grace killing blow.

GL Dylan!