CBC4 MW Week 6: Tower of Gray vs Pressure Flop II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 MW Week 6: Tower of Gray vs Pressure Flop II

Post by Trihunter » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:24 pm

It's late at night and I already tried to submit this and apparently it didn't go through or save, wheeee
This does mean no template tho
Sorry
So PF's turret has flat sided wedges on the edges of it, perfectly positioned to block the hammer from hitting anything if we catch them. Nice. Use our way better speed to get ahead enough that they can't rotate the arm enough to stop us, then go for a grab, lift and launch OotA. Their only viable option in the scenario is firing the user to jostle free, which odds are puts them upside down, making it easy to capitalize on and continue controlling. Just reuse these strats as needed to keep control of the match. Nothing wrong with being cautious to avoid that hammer if it looks a bit close. Just make sure we can keep positioning so those wedges get caught up and misalign the hammer.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC4 MW Week 6: Tower of Gray vs Pressure Flop II

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:45 pm

Grey 7/6/1/9(5/5/5)/7
Flop 3/1/1/19(14/5)/7
I one shot him, the highest armored part of his bot takes 6 damage, even if he takes a hit there and survives he will be out of weapon and will become a useless wedge.
The turret can mostly keep up with him, if he tries to flank he will need a bit more time to turn around and engage, if i turn my entire robot with the turret i am faster so the little extra time he takes compensates the hard to control nature of turning the bot and the turret. So if he tries to get around me i will stop moving to turn in place to keep facing him as a top priority.
I don't even have to say that i want to keep my weapon facing at him at all times.
I think i start on the green square. If i do then great, start the fight by getting away from the hazard and if he doesn't go straight in get kinda close to the long wall he is closest to to make getting around harder.
If i start in the purple side start the fight by GETTING THE FUCK AWAY, move diagonally until i am close to the side wall to try to get past him and so he doesn't have clear way to send me straight OOTA.
With one torque bait is going to be hard but still don't fire as soon as he is in range when he is heading straight in just in case. If he tries to get me OOTA from my from i have plenty of time to get a hit in. If i am close to the drum hazard then don't be so conservative with the hammer as he can just get close and fire the puncher right away.
If he gets close to me while i am turning the turret i have a solid chance at getting away from him with the ring turret itself.
If he grabs me and goes for the OOTA spam the hammer, even if i don't hit i can probably shake me off his bot.
Also if i get hit with the drum prioritize self righting and start being more aggressive as the OOTA risk is low in this case.
Just stay calm and get the one hit in, he isn't particularly fast, just don't get OOTAed or screwed by the hazards.
GL HF tri
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53