I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto vs Vindicator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto vs Vindicator

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:13 pm

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto: Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12
Vindicator: Speed: 9 Traction: 9 Torque: 7 Weapon: 0 Armor: 5
Using the Big Friggin Wedgelets and Heavy Stoppers.

I’m not sure what corner I’m starting in but I presume/hope I’ll be starting in the same corner as Killamari and if that is the case, I’m going to guess that he’ll be the aggressive one in this and will ge coming to me, if I don’t start in that corner, I’ll drive to his. The aim of the game is to feed him into that disc, one hit from it should basically kill him, if not, cripple him. Once he comes to me and my corner or I get into his, then the aggression starts, aiming to get those head on full speed collisions with him, just because he has the slightest of speed advantages doesn’t mean he should be able to angle in consistently. I’ll always be showing him my Wedgelets first, no matter what. My wedgelets avoid all but his his outer ones meaning he has less chances to get under me, even if he does, I most definitely have the ground clearance to monster truck over him with my massive wheels, if he tries to push me into the house robots when I do this then he could very well drive himself in and kill himself. If I get under him however, he has very little chance of getting back off with what little ground clearance he has, meaning I can comfortably push him into that spinning disc without resistance at all. I should be able to turn and face him in time after monster trucking over him, beginning to turn when on top of him, reversing off and driving forward again to scoop him up and push him about. Seeing as we are both high speed robots and he has very little armour, I am dead certain that consistent rams will possibly break off those outer Wedgelets or buckle them in some way so that are useless, meaning I have a free ticket to get right under him and deposit him into that disc, maybe one of the other hazards too but I’m focussing on Killamari primarily of course. Keep aggressive at all times, always facing him Wedgelets first and never showing my backside.
Best of luck

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto vs Vindicator

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:43 pm

Regular wedges.
I kinda win on stats alone, he has way more armor but that doesn't matter when both of us spent 0 points in weapon and i have enough armor to not get screwed by the hazards. I am faster, have better control and way more torque, I push him almost as fast as his top speed so it will be hard for him to back off or something if i get under, if he gets under and takes my front wheels off the floor i still win on torque. He has anti monstertrucking things so this should work reliably.
I must not be overconfident only for Ethan to pull up a genius strat out of his ass and get an upset.
The house robots look scary so i will keep the entire fight in the main part of the arena, maintain the center position and push him into the walls for a pin or, preferably, the hazards at the corners, they won't really damage him but i will get points from it.
If he goes for the Big Friggin Wedgelets i should be able to angle in on those things rather reliably, if he doesn't i have an advantage going straight in. In either case if i don't get under i either can push him anyways or i will use him as a ramp and get to his back, if the later proves to happen often don't try to charge at him when jumping over him would make me land in a hazard or bounce off a wall in mid air.
I want to always be the one closer to the middle of the arena to assert my control, this makes it way easier to push him into whatever i want and i get to say that i have arena control. If at some point he is closer to the center than me (he has me close to a wall or something) either charge straight at him or use my speed, control and effectively instant acceleration to go around him and swap places (not flanking, just for positioning), whatever can be done quicker in the situation.
If the fight goes to the outer parts of the arena don't just run back to the middle, try to get him pinned or into a house robot first. If i am getting pushed into the house robot then actually run away.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53