Black Salvo vs Lil' Yeetums

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Black Salvo vs Lil' Yeetums

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:57 pm

BS
9/8/3/0/10(+2 wedge)

LY
6 Speed / 4 Traction / 1 Torque / 10 Weapon / 9 Armor

I will be running the fork config, and i expect he will be as well. I totally out-do him in every drive stat, but that doesn't mean this is a free win. He has an incredibly dangerous weapon if I make a mistake, so i need to stay on my toes throughout.

Rush out into the center and watch how he does the same. Intercept his likely angle of attack at an angle that lets me attack him mostly side-on, so the flipper is a non-factor, then watch for his escape route. I expect he'll use this escape route often if he isn't prepared, so keep it in my memory and anticipate it if he tries to run away again. Once he's properly caught on the wedge, bring him to the saw and let those big chonky wheels have a taste, i bet lots of foam will fly. Another thing he could do, potentially, is utilize his big flipper to try and "hop" off of my wedge, so i should be wary of that tactic. I imagine it'll probably throw him onto his back, so if i can get there before he rights himself properly, then i can control him. I'm not sure exactly how quickly his flipper mechanism can store a charge, so watch for that as well.

If i do get flipped, wait for the landing and then immediately dash back in a random direction, different each time. make it so he's totally unable to follow up flips on me, and reset the situation to neutral. always attack his forks at a side-on angle, so he can't potentially outwedge and flip. Stay aggressive and don't let him mount a comeback if i have a lead by stuffing out his escape routes.

GLHF
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Black Salvo vs Lil' Yeetums

Post by attackfrog » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:19 pm

Yo so after all that crap I took last week for forgetting to declare for Bluetooth until Friday, now it's Saturday night and Badnik never declared his config even though he RPed. C'mon bruh. Taste of my own medicine I guess. But yeah if you want to treat this fight the same way that one was treated that would be great.
...And I've just now learned that Black Salvo doesn't even have to declare, and Bluetooth probably doesn't either. What the heck.

Yeetums is using her forks and I'm going to guess Badnik put the wedgelets on BS because that's what I would do.

Now for the RP.

[Insert several long paragraphs here to the effect of "insert forks under Black Salvo and flip it."]

Okay now for the real RP.

We've got some OOTA areas in this wacky arena: I just need to bait Dylan into driving into one of these areas so I can flip Black Salvo out. I can't think of a way to make him do that though, so I guess I'll just chill in my starting area for a while like an asshole and hope he gets impatient and drives in there. He probably won't, so I'll try flipping whatever house bot it is that I'm next to for style points. Maybe that will bait him in, I dunno, but it will at least make the judges see that I'm actually doing something as opposed to Black Salvo which will be just chilling in the center area.

If Black Salvo does come in, I'll activate Matty Vasquez mode and do everything in my power to get Yeetums's forks under it for the flip. If you want me to describe in detail how I'll j-hook and whatever then too bad, you'll have to imagine it for yourself. You can picture me grimacing like Daniel Freitas if it helps. I'll no doubt be pushed around (and probably into the house robot, but I'll survive a few encounters there.) Yet if I can get enough flips in, one of them should throw Black Salvo out.

GLHF Dylan!