FW: Chinesium II vs Irritant

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

FW: Chinesium II vs Irritant

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm

The advantage I have is that I'm the more quicker bot whilst Chinesium is slow to catch up Irritant, attacking him frontally would be far too risky, go around and get behind him as quickly as poossible in an attempt to raise Chinasium off the wheels by using my flipper.

If Chinesium attempts to attack me head on then I move to a different direction and use my speed and traction in hope to get past the front of Chinasium when the oppertunity is there.

Drive at mid speed whilst my flipper is under him and go to a nearby arena hazard from either the bottom right, hit full acceleration and send Chinesium to the arena hazard.

Good luck and may the best robot win. :)

Superbomb122

Re: FW: Chinesium II vs Irritant

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:30 pm

Poor Irritant. RNG has put it in the worst arena to face a death spinner. His design should be able to avoid corner damage on hit one, but the 11 armor all around means he’ll be very much hurting after the first hit anyway.

Start the match by spinning up, as one does, and waiting him out. Specifically spin the bar counter-clockwise. If he rushes into my area, turn to face him and smack him, preferably toward the house bot. If I can, back out of the starting area after this hit.

If he decides to camp as well, enter the main part of the arena to face him. The important thing is spinning up.

Either way, I’ll end up in the main part of the arena. When I’m there, I have more room for jukes, Tombstone baits, all that fun stuff. Use these very liberally to get spun up and bring the weapon into his sides. Just behind the sides of the wedge, there are these areas I can hook behind for free corner damage. Even if I don’t score corner hits, the damage I put out when spun up should be enough to knock him out eventually.

As for hazards, don’t mess with them. I’m a deathspinner. Those things do nothing but punish me.

TL;DR - camp in my square to feel him out, take maneuvers to buy spin-up time, spin2win

GL TBR
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9