TSA 2.1 VS Mastodonsaurus

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

TSA 2.1 VS Mastodonsaurus

Post by GF93 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Front Defence, wedge tip on.

Mastodonsaurus hits hard, but I massively outdo him in drive (almost twice as fast/strong with three times his traction), have enough defence to tank his bar (while his armour's low enough to take lots of hazard damage), and the powerful flipper to control him. His biggest weaknesses are in the design: the bar's blunt with no tips (it'll be hard to tear through my angled plating), isn't low enough to damage my wedge, and the length will help massively in blocking it when he spins up. His internal wheel layout means they rise off the ground if I get under even slightly; nullifying his drive and rendering him helpless.

Thus, I'll be aggressive off the bat; taking the fight to him directly, constantly forcing him onto the defence after the initial blow, and taking full advantage of the environment. Move out quickly, watch to see where and how he approaches from, and react accordingly; if he approaches head-on, angle in against his bar to minimise impact damage and knock him back, then counter. If he approaches backward and tries to swing round, mix up blocking and baiting him by driving close, reversing immediately when he starts to turn, then attacking.

When attacking; stay underneath and/or directly in contact to block the bar from turning, keep him herded near the walls/hazards, and combo him with flips. Squash him into the walls/bonesaws/lobotomisers to wear down the clock and deal damage (aim to destroy the bar motors/chains/brackets in particular), and feed him to the Housebots; ideally with me behind him in a pincer attack. Block any escape routes, and whenever I have a chance to chuck him out, go for it. If the weapon does break, fantastic! Show no mercy, and go for the KO via damage, OOTA, or propping him on his side against the wall for a simple immobilisation victory.

Defence is mostly aggressive, but using good common sense and not recklessly endangering myself. Don't fire the flipper unless I'm definitely underneath (ideally when the bar's slowed/stopped), ensure he only ever hits the front end, avoid the hazards/Housebots unless using them myself, and block his bar from turning by any and all (body/walls) means. Keep some spare gas handy for OOTA/emergency self-righting purposes, and if flipped, self-right and escape immediately.

Good luck!

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: TSA 2.1 VS Mastodonsaurus

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:30 pm

Spin-up as soon as the match starts and head to the centre of the arena, I have ample time to do both. His armour bonus is weird, he gives it to the sides of his wedges rather than the front which will be taking the brunt of all my spinner impacts with only eight armour... which isn’t going to look very pretty after a hit or two, he’s not leaving this match with a working weapon, that much is for sure. If I tear into the flipper enough, I could get a good shot or two at his internals. The aim of the game is to keep this in that middle part of the arena at all costs, I have the weapon power to deflect away from hits, meaning he shouldn’t be able to control the match and push me around or even get in a good position to flip me as we’ll both be flung around the place, especially with the good bites I can get on his eight armour flipper, really tearing into it, four bars are more delicate than any other flipper and if he miss-fires, they take longer to close, meaning I could really buckle it up so it can’t close or tear the thing off if he miss-fires, which is pretty likely, not every flipper fire is perfect. If he is ever deflected away and shows his side or rear to me which is very possible, I will go right for it without hesitation, meaning I could easily tear into a gas canister or a wheel, maybe some other electronic goodies hidden under that 8 armour shell. Always keep my blade spun up to full speed, always facing him with it, ready to rip and tear (until it is done). Keep the match in the middle section, no matter what, stay away from oota zones and the house robots like the plague.
Good luck Alex.