National Security vs Final Mecha Catbot

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

National Security vs Final Mecha Catbot

Post by V900 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:46 pm

Spoiler
Superbomb122 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:58 pm LW: National Security (Soft Reserve)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A 5WD melty is not my first choice for entering a tourney, but screw it I'm entering the entire Pentagon into a LW competition.
16/1/1/1/11
V900 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:37 pm Lightweight:
Final Mecha Catbot

Speed: 9
Torque: 2
Traction: 8
Armor: 9
Weapon: 2 (flipper)

Armor: 11 (+2 plow)
Weapon: 0

Has lots of armor and boasts the (second) fastest speed in the entire bracket. Where we're going, we don't need torque. 2 should be juuust enough to push deathspinners around, though.

The 11+2 plow is hinged 10 degrees in each direction.

Also does the Hoarfrost thing where it's wedge works even inverted.
plow config for meeee

So he's basically a sitting duck. 1 speed = lol. I can just sit back, aim up a shot, and ram in even easier than I did in Acrid vs Magnolia Grande. What's he gonna do? Try to drive at me with 1 traction? I don't think so.

Drive circles around him, back up and aim, try to ram him into a housebot zone (whichever one does the most damage) or a hazard if the housebot stuff isn't working. Only things I can think of to watch out for is if he tries to juke me out (with his 1 speed of course) or if he stops spinning and drives right toward me in a straight line (which I can easily back up and readjust for). Other than that, EZ fight. Bop him around for for 3 minutes and take my JD.

gl hf

Superbomb122

Re: National Security vs Final Mecha Catbot

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:48 pm

Catbot’s plow is not a great design for dissipating the energy from a spinner. If anything it appears quite steep. This is an issue when facing a bot with teeth so close to the floor as National Security’s. Also, he can take rushing me from any sort of distance and shove it, I spin up in 2 seconds.

Start the match by spinning up and escape the starting area ASAP. If Catbot interferes, accept the hit and send him into a wall before continuing my turtle escape.

In the middle part, stay near the middle of the arena. Try to juke left (his right) if he charges in order to catch the side of his wedge. If he starts expecting this, juke right to catch his wedge as he turns to react to the anticipated left juke.

If he flips me at some point, continue the strategy, with directions reversed. Remember the steep wedge? It’s almost definitely steep enough for me to hit it, even when inverted. In all honesty it might make catching the wedge sides easier.

Keep doing this for the duration of the match, racking up damage and control and maybe even seriously fucking up his wedge to give me access to his juicy cat chassis.

Avoid hazards like the plague whenever possible. Especially the plague doctor. Proper social distancing from house robots is crucial during these trying times.

TL;DR - Juke and jape him, catch his wedge corners, win control and aggression.

GL Noah pls don't meme me with another plow.
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9