CBC4 LW Round 5: Eagle's Hawk vs Magnolia Pico

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

CBC4 LW Round 5: Eagle's Hawk vs Magnolia Pico

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:40 am

They can hop slightly when firing the hammer. Exploit this and their slower drive by feigning a frontal attack on them, then back off when they fire. We should have enough speed so their hammer will land on the disc and tank some of the hit. Then rush forward and start juggling them toward the hazards, especially the house bots. Their legs are fortunately fragile even with their armor. If the first tactic fails though, then be aggressive on them.

Good luck Monsterworks

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: CBC4 LW Round 5: Eagle's Hawk vs Magnolia Pico

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:27 pm

Magnolia Pico: 4/2/1/14+1 bonus/11(+2 plow)

Eagle's Hawk: 5/3/1/13/7

He's outgunned in terms of both weapon and armour (his weapon doesn't even damage mine). His drivetrain advantage is marginal, and he has a lot of surface to hit. He can't smother or crowd a hammer either. He'll probably be looking to draw a misfire from me and then pounce and chain: either OOTA/to hazards or trying to damage my underside and legs. Thing is, he still has to get under my plow, which he can't damage, and then doesn't do huge damage either if he does. I'm also double weight, so I'm not going far. What it all amounts to is that I have more room for error than he does.

The strategy's simple. Plow forward relentlessly until I can see the whites of his eyes. Watch for baiting. That's the setup for his win condition. Be proactive and circle strafe/strafe in an arc just before contact. I can keep my weapon facing him. He can't do the same to me. Basically, force him to adjust before he can try to force me to adjust. Expose that -2 control ratio with a vertical weapon mounted high up on his chassis. The central goal, however, remains getting those one or two hits that I need. Don't hunt or reach for them. Just get in range, don't make it automatic for him to line up a shot, and fire when I've got him squarely in my sights. Deliver the death blow.

If he's able to flip me, self-right immediately. My weapon at least fires so that I'll somersault away from him back onto my feet. Don't let him chain, and always try to keep the fight in open space.

Good luck!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!