CBC4 LW Week 6: Apeirogon vs Scrapper

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 LW Week 6: Apeirogon vs Scrapper

Post by Trihunter » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:34 pm

ScrapperApeirogon
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 5
Traction: 2Traction: 3
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 12
Armour: 7Armour: 9 (+1 weapon)
Config: N/AConfig: High Armour
Gonna be a quick fight again, winning mostly on stats. Just gotta ensure any collision ends in our favour. Remember, some of Apeirogon's WAB is used on that arm, so it's only got 13 armour on that spinner total. Hence, a weapon-to-weapon collision deals 1 to us, and 3 to them. Plus, our wide-ass drum will likely snag a corner or wedge anyway and rip it to shit. Sounds like a good deal to me. Focus around a midrange playstyle, ensuring all collisions are either W2W or our weapon to their chassis. They can't sneak around us if we focus on protecting against that, so they can't successfully score meaningful damage. Avoid getting boxed in if possible. If their spinner dies, go ham and murderfuck em. If our spinner dies, go ham with the wedge.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC4 LW Week 6: Apeirogon vs Scrapper

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:26 pm

High armor config, normal kind of wheels (not mecanums), forks off, front wedges off.
Front wedges and forks off cuz i run the risk of them getting hit and transferring the damage elsewhere, don't need em. This leaves my spinner as the only thing he can realistically hit.
I have significantly better reach and my spinner sits a bit lower, my bar should be able to connect more often than his drum and when that happens i should send him upwards more than he would do to me thanks to angles.
He's compact, a hit not-drum should break something important.
Both of us will spin upwards, no really big and damaging hits will happen. Combined with my 13 armor on the bar and i should be able to survive the entire fight.
The plan is OOTA

Start by immediately driving trough the door closer to the chute and drive straight at the door in front of me.
If he waits inside and we aren't facing each other go straight through the door and turn 90° as soon as this will leave me facing him.
Otherwise get close to his front and start backing off at a rather safe distance to lure him into one of the starting areas, my higher speed should make this easy ,just make sure to enter through a door next to the chute. Once in keep backing off parallel to the chute and turn ~100° and back off a bit more.
If he refuses to follow try to get closer as a bait or something. Just know that he has to follow me to hit and wont turn away to go somewhere else, if that happens i can just hit him in a weak part and win.
In both of these cases i end facing him with his back to the to pit, just charge in and hit him to send Scraper OOTA, the chances of this working are very high, guaranteed if he spins downwards for some reas. After hitting him back off so if he bounces off and lands in the arena i can quickly try again. If i don't get the hit quickly react to what happens to try again before he runs away.

If this fails after multiple tries then proceed to just play aggro heavy and gyro bait and other stuff, at some point i should be able hit a weak part.

Prioritize running away to safety over self righting, don't get hit outside weapon.

GL HF Tri
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53