CBC4 FW Week 6: Gas Gas Gas vs Ori

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 FW Week 6: Gas Gas Gas vs Ori

Post by Trihunter » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:02 pm

Gas Gas GasOri
ImageImage
Speed: 10Speed: 7
Traction: 10Traction: 7
Torque: 3Torque: 2
Weapon: 3Weapon: 4
Armour: 4Armour: 10 (+2 wedge)
Config: N/AConfig: Spatula
Wait this isn't Eurobeat
Main plan: Keep the battle to the middle section. Our primary advantage is our drivetrain, and keeping to the larger open spots of the arena, where there's hazards to score points with. Ori's pretty flat, there's likely next to no dead space in the bot. Ergo, it shouldn't be hard to rip something important to bits on a Lobotomizer, which hits for three damage with HFL's armour. Three damage directly onto a battery, however, is going to get that magic smoke rolling easily. In the inverse situation, GGG's comparative bulk should help it dodge dangerous bits getting hit. Ergo, the main plan for the match is to feed Ori's ass into it as often as possible, eating up time and pressuring killing blows more than HFL's likely expecting for this match. We'll need to keep on the move when we aren't already in control, keep Ori unable to deal with us in a reasonable manner. Circle-strafe, but mix it up with other speedy shit. Maybe do a quick slide around one of the privacy screens for a mix-up. Learn what strats HFL likes to go for, and adapt to them. If they're baiting me into one of the OotA areas, pressure them away from that wall and into the house robots. If they're trying to predict the circle-strafe, vary the circumference to catch them out and punish. All we need to do is secure a wedging, then push, lift and get them over and into the lobotomizers. That two wheel drive system is going to struggle if it's lifted any other way than dead-on. And, of course, we're always angling in. If they do get under, J-hook, monster-truck or self-right as appropriate, keeping timings and choice of escape changing to ensure HFL can't adapt in response.

tl;dr: High pressure combat, mix it up, use our drivetrain, lobotomise the furry
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Hooray For Lexan

Re: CBC4 FW Week 6: Gas Gas Gas vs Ori

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:26 pm

Ori: 7/7/2/4/10 (+2 front wedge)
Gas Gas Gas: 10/10/3/3/4

Spatula config please.

Yes the super narrow front against the guy with 10 speed. No I’m not stupid.
Start by hanging out in my starting wing for ~5 seconds and seeing if he’s dumb enough to follow me in there. But don’t camp the doors, just be ready to react to his next move if he enters. If he doesn’t fall for it, get out there and start getting aggression points on the board.

I know he’ll be trying to angle in, so drive defensively: approach when I have a chance, but mostly just keep the front pointed approximately at him, and occasionally gun it and rush for where he’s about to be. Thing is, drifting in circles around your opponent and not committing to an attack isn’t actually aggression either. Occasionally “let” him get the flank, then spin and sweep the spatula sideways under the corners of his wedge as he approaches.

Our actually good wedges are both really narrow, but mine has way more reach. If we meet EXACTLY head-on it’s about even, but a little to either side and I get under his hood. If he gets further to my side he can wedge me, but this puts him in a really bad position to control me because he’ll be trying to push me sideways from ahead of my wheels, which can just spin me away in a “passive matador,” and reversing puts me to his sides. If I’m wedged head-on, don’t reverse or J-turn, just spin in place.

If I get under see if I can push him. If his front wheels are off the ground the omnis will probably make escaping quite a bit harder. If he keeps escaping go for early flips. It doesn’t look like he QUITE has ground clearance when inverted, and I should be quick enough to rush him again while he self-rights.

Get him in Killamari’s wing if at all possible. I can OOTA and even at reduced power her spinner should wreck him. Dr. Cadaver’s is fine as a backup. Be very careful to not have my back to the housebots though. If I can’t get him in either wing, then try to get him pinned on a hazard. The bonesaws can kill him in 9 seconds and the drills deal 5 damage.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC4 FW Week 6: Gas Gas Gas vs Ori

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:30 pm

If i post an rp it should be possible to see Tri's RP
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53