LW: Shade Fist vs Fork Factor

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

LW: Shade Fist vs Fork Factor

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:20 pm

I'm confident that FF's forks should be able to handle the duo drums of Shade Fist so I'm going to be brave and attack head on attempt to get under drum with the forks and invert him, once he his facing the opposite way I push him towards a corner hazard or to the side wall. I must keep on hitting him head on at all times and prevent him from gettting to any side of my bot.

He is far too slow to outpace me so incase he tries to attempt a flank or an angle, reverse away a little and focus on SF's front

Good luck and may the best robot win.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Re: LW: Shade Fist vs Fork Factor

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:47 pm

SF:
5/3/1/14/7

FF:
7/6/3/3/11(+2 front and forks)

right, so his wedges lose to mine pretty handily, so i'm expecting him to flank. use the arena to my advantage as i did last time, waiting in my square to get the drum spun up, and then look to see where he is in relation. if rounding the corner would put me at a disadvantage, then wait for him to come at me. if he's holding back, go out into the main ring. Keep my front facing him at all times - even with the +2 speed advantage, i don't think he can properly utilize his mecanums if i keep the weapon throttle lowered and manage my gyro tendencies. Once I'm lined up for a shot, kick the throttle to full and go in. His base armor is 5 below my weapon, and i'm expecting to line up one of those shots pretty quickly if the first shot hits. his bot takes a bit to self-right due to the weapon design, so if i flip him once then i can attack while he's righting himself and really do some damage. If i do get flipped, keep the strategy going until my drum kickback flips me the right way, just as long as i'm not near the oota wall. try to keep the fight contained to the main ring, and keep away from the hazards in the corners. those forks really get chewed up my my drum so if he does win the wedge war he'll have that to worry about, if he doesn't then i should be able to j-hook off fairly reliably. he has to drive a near-perfect game to win this fight properly while i can build and keep a lead off of just a few hits, so this should be an especially tricky fight for him to win.

GLHF
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ