CBC4 HW Round 5: Padoru Machina vs Santangelo

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC4 HW Round 5: Padoru Machina vs Santangelo

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:26 pm

Padoru MachinaSantangelo
ImageImage
Speed: 9Speed: 8
Traction: 7Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 2
Weapon: 5Weapon: 1
Armour: 8Armour: 12
Normal configNormal config
The OOTA wall is 3.5 feet tall, neither of us is getting an OOTA even with the stroke length bullshit. This leaves the drum hazard as the only one that can be used, it wont do much damage but i can score points with it. Note that i start in the purple square, i will have the easier time getting my opponent there at the start of the fight.
Both of our weapons are very weak and the flips will be more like toppling the opponent over it's back. If i get flipped i can just run and ram myself into the nearest wall to self right and i am faster so Laz can't quite stop this. Meanwhile he can self right with his weapon but just barely, it probably wont work if he fires the flipper before he stops moving after landing. also note that he can't move while inverted.
Chaining flips is going to be the name of the game here, i am better equipped for both chaining and defending against chains. When i get under and get the thing going i will go at him no stop without giving Laz room to breathe, ideally getting him towards the drum hazard but the walls are ok. Even if i get him to the hazard i will continue to chain after he lands. If he gets under me top priority is run away, ram myself into wall to self right if applicable and to distance myself.
Getting under first is going to be very important. Only the tip of the little forks actually is on the floor, if i can angle the edge of my wedge into the side of his i can get under. At the start i will rush in to the middle of the arena and then stop to align myself right in front of him,i will turn and move slightly to one side and then quickly head to the other (where he is) once we are very close, his giant turning circle will make this difficult for him to counter, if he backs off as a response just keep going straight at him. When we separate later during the fight i will pull this off 1-2 times before pretending to do it again only to head straight in.
He can't high center me, if he gets under and doesn't fire i can back off or J-hook or whatever and try again.
Good Luck Have Fun mister Laz
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: CBC4 HW Round 5: Padoru Machina vs Santangelo

Post by Madman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:07 am

Santangelo: 8/7/2/1/12 - wedge teeth on
Padoru Machina: 9/7/1/5/8
Maxi's gonna be confident. That makes him predictable too. Something about how he's faster, how my flipper's weak, how he's gonna chain, how neither of us can do damage and the drums are god in this fight. Yawn. All that, and he hasn't noticed that his bot is really vulnerable to something a 1 power flipper does super well: stacking on his side or against the wall. Ya, I can Zombie Killer him. He'll also have the turning of an ocean liner with -2 control and 2WD with most of his weight at the front. At least most of mine's around my wheels and I have a decent ratio.

My tactics come down to forcing him to make adjustments to get the angles that he wants, whether they're head to head, angling in, or sneaky offset stuff. My control's better and we'll usually be on an even playing field in terms of speed because of his anemic acceleration. I always wanna try to be a bit offset from him to force him to adjust. Zig, zag, and circle, highlighting his constant little bit of oversteer so I have the more favourable angle wedging him. The second I'm under, flip. When it makes sense, snowball him into a wall, cut off his escape, and flick him up against the wall nice and gently. When it makes sense, pummel him in there and grind him along the length of the wall, burning as much clock as I can before releasing him into the drums or flipping him onto his back. When it makes sense, just flip him the once. He's a lot less effective upside-down. See what he tries to do to self-right. If he uses the drums or wall, be there to flick him back over when he comes down. All fight long. He's got 11 speed vs my 10, and poor acceleration. He might gain a .5 second lead on me on a straightaway at best.

He'll probably want to go h2h, but if he tries angling with his control ratio and 2WD front-heaviness, lean into it. Cut off those angles when he swings outward all fight long. Watch for start-stop stuff, baiting flipper misfires, and the Alex gambit of a false 'tell' or sudden tactical changeup. Make him maneuver, snowball him, pin timer abuse, and stack him on his side/against the wall. He's really susceptible to it.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49