Fork Bomb vs linkinparknumb.mp3.exe

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Fork Bomb vs linkinparknumb.mp3.exe

Post by V900 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:18 pm

robots
Hiicantpk wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:01 pm HW: Fork Bomb

No Plow
Hammer saw, this time with a less dumb weapon arm shape that will actually allow me to hit things. I also removed the wedgelets sitting out the back of the main body. Removable plow etc.

Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armour: 7
(3 Weapon armour points transfered into the arm, 1 weapon armour left for the disc)
V900 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:37 pm Heavyweight:
linkinparknumb.mp3.exe

Speed: 5
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armor: 7
Weapon: 14

Armor: 10 (+3 front)
Weapon: 11

!!!CONGRATZ!!!

$TARGET_USER, You have been selected for a free ARC Gold[tm] account free working no virus 2020 , click here to claim your prize :)

Now that flails have actual rules behind them, I can slap these bad boys on literally whatever I want.

Whenever the hammer swings, the hammerhead will hit first, then the flail soon after. This effectively means that the hammer can hit twice per swing. The hammer itself has a +1 damage bonus by virtue of being a hammer, but the flail portion receives a -1 damage debuff to cancel it out.

Plows are removable if using the 7/14 setup, doing so tilts the center of balance back toward the rear wedges. They are NOT removable when using the 10+3/11 setup, however.
14wep + plow setup

This match ends in 1 hit and I have a fuckload of range on my hammer. Drive up, smack his chassis (or weapon, since that's only got 8 armor tops on there) with the flail once or twice. EZ fight easy life. The rest of my RP is just to cover "what if"s that he might pull.
bait him into firing his hammer
Don't fall for it lol 4head
Best bet is that he's gonna do the thing where he drives up almost in range, but then backs away last minute. Just keep on trucking forward in that case, if my flail doesn't hit him then my actual hammer will. And he's not gonna like the +1 damage it deals.
pussyfoot it until he fails a traction check
I'm mostly just driving toward the opponent without much fancy turning on my end, so no dice.
retreat
We have the same speed. I'll catch up eventually.

tl;dr hit him with one of these

gl hf

Hiicantpk

Re: Fork Bomb vs linkinparknumb.mp3.exe

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:33 pm

Plow off.

I don't know the distance between the hammer head and the flail, but if it is long enough its possible the hammer can land short of a hit and the flail's chain will hit my body slowing down the flail and having it hit with less power.
I start in the green square this match. Start with my weapon fully back and my front forks pointed at my opponent. Aggressively move straight at them, slow down, and right before my front forks make contact with their plow, accelerate again to wheelie a bit. This will put my forks up into their plow and help me keep distance from their hammer and flail. If my estimates are right, the hammer should hit just shy of the main body and if the chain is long enough the flail will go right over my main body and flop behind.
Once they have me wedged, then I can start using my weapon to hammer down. Both of us have pretty high weapon in comparison to eachother's armour so both of us can probably only take a few hits each. However, since they are an actual hammer and have to do a full retract after each hit, my hammer saw can hit faster since its on a lifter and I can get more hits in a short amount of time if the bots don't get flung apart.
Try this again of I think they'll fall for it but if not equally use my front forks and/or my weapon facing backwards to keep them at range where they can't fully bring their hammer into effect.
GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57