CBC MW R5: Dragonfist vs. Here Comes The Sun

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC MW R5: Dragonfist vs. Here Comes The Sun

Post by Rocket » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:23 pm

Dragonfist (Flail Meta Best Meta) (2-1)
Speed: 3 | Traction: 1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 16 | Armour: 9 | 4WD | Shell Spinner

Here Comes The Sun (Doo Doo Doo Doo) (0-4)
Speed: 3 | Traction: 1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 15 | Armour: 12 | Powered By BOING | Literally How

---

I really, really do not want to lose to a Dream Team machine. Dragonfist is already cursed enough as it is.

The good news is that I've got control of this match. As long as Dragonfist's flails are active, it's going to have to launch itself into the air from distance. If I'm lucky, it'll yeet itself out of the arena. If I'm not, well, I'm still reasonably confident. The thing about the flail heads is that they're really big, and normally that's kind of a bad thing (I really ought to model some alternative payloads for it) but it means I'm going to be bending the spikes and smashing the pistons. Enough hits like that and it'll get stranded eventually on a side where the pistons have stopped working. I'm wary of him trying anything to tangle up the chains in his spikes, but it's rather beyond my control in a lot of respects. I want to keep my distance and let the flails do the work, and we've got the same drive so it's eminently possible.

At the start, spin up and stay spun up while heading to the centre of the arena. From there, mirror his movements as best I can to keep him constantly battered by the flails. If he tries to get in close, let him land in the flail hail. If I do get tangled, wait for him to start hopping again and I'll be untangled in fairly short order. Just brutalize him with the flails and keep spinning and damaging the spikes and walker mechanisms. Something'll give sooner or later.

Good luck Dream Team, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: CBC MW R5: Dragonfist vs. Here Comes The Sun

Post by attackfrog » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:11 pm

I can't believe I didn't think of this until just now, but I found out the perfect theme music for Dragonfist (though I'm sure Rocket has some already...)

Anyway, so with that playing in the background, Here Comes The Sun launches itself around the arena as usual, hoping to smash down on top of Dragonfist and break off bits of it before it gets mauled to death by flails. #YOLO