Dreadnought Mk4 VS Icebreaker

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Dreadnought Mk4 VS Icebreaker

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:22 pm

Sawtooth Wedge.

Icebreaker matches my top speed and has a strong flipper, so I must be careful. However, I beat him everywhere else drivetrain-wise (I'm more manoeuvrable with stronger torque/acceleration, especially useful for pressuring, dodging and punishing), I've got the stronger wedge with my 2WD forks versus his hinged 4WD (especially since the corner wedges around his arm are hinged, making them easier for me to slip under), and the generally more reliable flipper despite the power difference. The range is wider, it's less susceptible to misfiring, more suited for self-righting/comboing, and can still OOTA if used right.

With that, I'll be aggressive but strategic: using his lower range and susceptibility to misfiring against him, and only using the OOTA zone later on. Move out quickly, watch to see where he comes from, and attack accordingly: either from the sides/corners/sides of the arm where his wedge is weakest, or feinting a head-on/corner attack and reversing away when we're about to make contact to bait him into misfiring, then countering. Avoid the arm, only flip when I'm definitely underneath, and copy his movements if he tries driving off or over. If he gets under me at any point, immediately reverse/j-turn off and then counterattack when he misses.

When attacking, keep the advantage as long as I can, and constantly force him onto the backfoot. Stay underneath, combo him with flips, keep him inverted, and actively deny all his self-righting attempts. If he tries running away to self-right, chase him down. Squash him into the walls/corners to wear down the clock, flip him into the drums for damage and to warp his wedges, (be ready to catch him as he flies out), and only use the OOTA zones if I can get underneath while he's flipped. Use his own high power against him to time a flip/shove as he's self-righting to boost his height and hurl him over the wall!

Defence mostly comes down to the aggressive kind; actively taking the fight to him and shutting down his attempts to manoeuvre/attack, limiting his movement to away from the OOTA zones, and forcing him to waste as much gas as possible on failed self-righting attempts. Otherwise, use good common sense: self-right immediately then escape if flipped, keep away from walls/hazards unless using them myself, and dodge/counter immediately if he gets under at any point.

Good luck!

Superbomb122

Re: Dreadnought Mk4 VS Icebreaker

Post by Superbomb122 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:57 pm

We have the same speed and traction differential, but his torque is better and he knows it. However, my turning is better, as I have 4 wheels in a square base, while he has 2 wheels behind all of his weight.

J-hooking will be more effective for me than him, because I have to be a good bit up his wedge for him to get a solid flip, while he only needs to be on the very edge of mine.

Also, I have enough power to solidly OOTA him.

Start the match and try to get him between me and the OOTA wall. Charge, angle in, get under, flip. If he gets under, J-hook or try to ramp off his wedge at an angle. If he tries to J-hook, follow and use it to get under his side. If he doesn;t go OOTA, try to chain. If he ends up upside-down, wait for him at the spot he’ll land after self-righting. I should be able to gauge it after a couple flips.

If there’s an obvious opportunity to put him in the drums, take it and go where I expect him to land. This is about giving him as few chances to outwedge as possible.

If an opportunity looks too good to be true, it probably is. Wait out any baits, making sure to stay in a position that keeps him vulnerable and go at him when he decides to change his strategies.

Avoid hazards myself if I can, don’t let my back be to the drums.

Do all of this and maybe we’ll get a win out of it.

GLHF Man. Gotta love a flipper battle to the death
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9