CBC4 HW Week 5: Long Arm of the Law vs Defenestrator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Nighthawk87

CBC4 HW Week 5: Long Arm of the Law vs Defenestrator

Post by Nighthawk87 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:41 pm

Long Arm of the Law (forks)
Speed: 7 Traction: 5 Torque: 3 Weapon: 3 Armor: 12

Defenestrator (Clamp)
Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 4 Armor: 11 (+1 to wedgelet pontoons & lifting forks)

Seems like an even match once again, hopefully this one will be a win because I could really use another one...

Strategy: Keep the fight in the center as much as possible, the Off Grid & Light Cycles can really mess my shit up. We won't even bother going for the OOTA lift, but the Light Cycles are still a viable option since they hurt him slightly more than me. We'll play a reactionary game to see where he goes and anticipate his movements, avoiding any potential jukes and rush him over to the Light Cycles should a safe opportunity present itself. Our forks should give us a slight edge in the ground clearance battle, plus our better torque & tank treads help with the pushing battle. If the Light Cycles manage to overturn him, we'll stay pressed to keep him on his back for as long as we can. If he manages to get underneath us, drive away as fast as possible and reset. If it's a front-locked assault of fork and wedgelet, lift the arm somewhat so his clamp can't fully close on us. If he does manage to get a grab but our treads are still on the ground, we'll steer him towards the wall while we still can.

Word count: 190

It's do or die for the law at this point, good luck Lexan!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3

Hooray For Lexan

Re: CBC4 HW Week 5: Long Arm of the Law vs Defenestrator

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Clamp config please.

This is pretty much a pure wedging game tbh. The hazards do very little damage, neither of us can OOTA, and we both have almost dead even drivetrains. However, having a clamp and not just a lifter makes it much easier for me to control the match.

Go full aggressive. See if I can angle in on his forks since his front’s a kind of narrow and I have a little better control. He does give me plenty of places to grab onto. He might be a bit long to pick up head-on, but lift enough to tip him backward and mess up his traction, then feed him to the wall drums. Be ready to attack as he comes back down, and try to grab him from the side so I can hopefully lift him into the air, and either spin him around and fling him across the arena or reverse suplex him… into the wall drums. Notice a pattern here? There’s only one hazard that I can actually use, so exploit it as much as possible.

If I’m wedged, J-turn away quickly if my back’s to the drums or near a wall. Otherwise play dumb for a second and see if he’ll use the lifter in the open: if he does, gun it in reverse when I start to tip backwards. Otherwise mix up reversing and J-turning. If I’m pinned against the wall, try to use the arm to climb off since it goes all the way behind me. Don’t try to push him if we get wedgelocked.

This is the fight where I want to go for all the flashy clampbot moves, like spinning throws, holding him overhead, and dropping him into the hazards either inverted or wheels-first. The bots are very similar, and either of us can do well at running the clock down, so I want to (a) impress the judges by really obviously doing more when I get an advantage instead of just pinning, and (b) Make the cosmetic damage the hazards can cause go as far as possible.