CBC4 MW Week 5: Tower of Gray vs Unnamed & Untamed

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC4 MW Week 5: Tower of Gray vs Unnamed & Untamed

Post by Trihunter » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:52 am

Tower of GrayUnnamed & Untamed
ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 7
Traction: 6Traction: 6
Torque: 1Torque: 2
Weapon: 9 (5/5/5)Weapon: 5
Armour: 7Armour: 10
Config: StandardConfig: N/A
Alright, so odds are this will be a battle over the OotA zone. Main plan is to work on getting a good enough angle on approach to get the grabber under. Aim for going under the corners of the machine, use the flat sides of the wedgelets for leverage if possible. Once under, lift up enough to disrupt their drive so we don't get shoved, and secure us a clamp. Once they're grabbed, we can yeet them out the ring, or into the drums if it's more viable. If they get under, J-hook and move away from the OotA zone as much as possible. If the flipper's under the arm, lift it so they can't flip us as easily. If they're adapting to our drive and we're locked head-on, fire the puncher to push us apart and let us have another shot at an attack. Self-right if we get inverted, and try to avoid getting bullied into the walls and hazards too much. If we're getting pressured in, bull-rush out back into the middle of the ring.

tl;dr: Get under, clamp, yeet them OotA.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Badnik96

Re: CBC4 MW Week 5: Tower of Gray vs Unnamed & Untamed

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:31 pm

These robots are insanely similar on paper - 7/6 4wd flipper things. the major advantage here, imo, is in torque - I have 2, Tower of Gray only has 1. What this means is i'll be slightly more nimble with my acceleration, and also push faster, and these are two points that are huge in a pseudo-mirror match like this.

gun towards the center and beat him there with my faster acceleration. I imagine he'll try pressing his forks to get a wedge advantage, but at 5 power those forks are gonna be hard to press properly - if you watched any of duck's fights last year, you know what i'm talking about, and he risks lifting up his front wheels and reducing his maneuverability. try to angle in. if a reasonable angle can't be found, reverse and j-hook away at an unpredictable angle (different one every time, of course) and try again. once i'm under, immediately pop the flipper. a lifter still has to spend time rotating me high enough off the ground to disable me, even at 5 power, and especially if it's pressing. a flipper, being instantaneous, can just pop immediately, making it much harder for him to j-hook and reverse. the ideal plan here is to invert him, since his weapon doesn't work inverted and he'll have to right himself. once he's in this state, rush him down and keep the pressure up, making it insanely difficult for him to reset to neutral. since i have the acceleration advantage, this should be very difficult for him to do. i'm just _slightly_ faster than he is on the uptake, and i figure that'll make it seem like he _can_ pull off that strategy he wants to do but can't because i'm there milliseconds too early. perhaps he'll get stuck in a loop of trying to reach for the same thing that's just out of grasp, and i can abuse that loop to push him where i want to. of course, always watch which way he tries to run off my wedge, because i'm basically guaranteed to chase him down if i can anticipate what angle he runs off at.

obviously the ideal strat is to get him to the oota zone, but due to how we're starting out that may not be possible with the first neutral win, so i'll settle for the drums. if they could do some minor fork warping or tire damage so i can push my advantage even further, i wouldn't complain a bit. just keep building momentum, keep up pressure and ensure that he cannot escape. eventually the flow of the match will take us over to the oota zone and i can do my thing to close the fight.

gl hf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ