No Fun Machine vs Petaflare

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

No Fun Machine vs Petaflare

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:41 pm

Petaflare: Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 11 (10 Crusher, 1 Srimech) / Armour: 8 (+2 wedge) (Effective 10 on crusher, 14 on wedge)

NFM: Speed: 3 / Traction: 1 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 9 - dragonfist

lmao he has 5 speed and no flipping power. he also can't damage me. I damage his "tanky" 14 armor, deal 4-5 shock damage (depending on if the flail or shell hits), and one shot him with my flails. quite simply put, if he tries to dissipate my spinner power by angling in, he will die halfway through the match. if he tries to rush my shell, he'll die immediately to the flails hitting his side. he can't box rush, so he has to face me down at least once - again, all with that ticking clock of shock damage, the spectre of my flails, and an inability to do damage to me.

if he successfully smothers me, I have a shell, knock myself free. since his weapon power is so low he can't damage me, that means he isn't piercing my shell, which means he can't actually hold it still. if he can hold me still, then he's gonna be feeding me into the drums while grabbing me, meaning he's going to be feeding himself into him too, which will at the very least be a clusterfuck.

obviously do my best to avoid letting him ram me into particularly unpleasant places (hazards), and dont do anything stupid.

GL

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: No Fun Machine vs Petaflare

Post by Trihunter » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:47 am

Using NHV, flails were declared for NFM

Ah shit, this is gonna be rough.

Main plan: Rip those flails off. Box rush (those flails can't deal enough damage to prevent a rush, even when we're a bit slow), and force them back into the drums. Plan is to pin them there until those chains get snagged and ripped apart by them, whilst going for a crush. It's an all or nothing approach, but mangling those flails or at least locking them up in the drums should buy us enough time to squash a fat hole in that shell, hopefully bucking it enough to prevent it from spinning cleanly. From there, the match is ours; just maintain control and don't let them get too far away if they've a bit of spin in them. If the rush isn't successful, hound them and force that pin ASAP, or try and get the chains to catch on as much wall as possible. Keep them away from the centre as much as possible, keep them nearer the wall so there's a good chance they hit it and fuck up their spin, letting us attack once more.

Best of luck, Gabe. We both need it.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)