Golden MADD vs. Broken Tooth

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rinzler

Golden MADD vs. Broken Tooth

Post by Rinzler » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:52 am

Golden MADD- 3/1/1/16/9
Broken Tooth-6/4/1/10/9(+3 wedge)

Due to some bullshit no time for a pre-match roast. Long story short the sides of his wedge are corner damage and his chassis /ass only have 6 armor, so I do 5 damage to wedge sides and 10 everywhere else. Match starts I'm gonna spin up and hide behind the wall. If I have to scoot side to side to stay mobile I will, but I am not leaving that square until he comes through the door. He has to drive all the way through the entryways to start turning, so this guarantees me a shot to the side. So as soon as his bot is about halfway through, strafe and nail the side. This should do nasty awful things to his mobility (and if he comes through the left it should catch and throw him into a house robot zone). If he's still somewhat mobile after that, sneak behind the other side of the wall and do it again. If it kills him, hit it once more just to be sure. If neither happen and by miracles of god the match is still on, take it to the center of the arena. It'll be limping from the first hit no matter what and it doesn't have the armor to survive a full match of hits so it's just a matter of time at that point. Stay the fucking hell away from the lobotomizers, I would rather take a hit from the other hazards. If the match ends quickly go and hit the nurse for shits and giggles.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Golden MADD vs. Broken Tooth

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:54 am

MADD: Speed: 3 / Traction: 1 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 9

Broken Tooth: Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 10 (1 of weapon armor bonus to arm) / Armor: 9 (+3 front wedge) - FLAT FRONT WEDGE, rear wedges on

he's punishing me by using the ugly shell im so sad. this arena's hazards heavily rewards clamps, I can pretend to be one. I can still OOTA him. my ability to chain hits (using the flipper when the vert gets lower on power to get enough airtime to OOTA him) still gets me good value with good aim and some luck.

this means that my positioning should be based on hitting him into the starting square zones. This arena is a deathspinner's nightmare: he has to navigate a giant spinning shell with shitass control through tiny doors that I can guard, and if he gets stuck on the other side of them he's in a tiny room where one wrong turn slams him directly into a wall, or over one depending on where I am. if he's in the center of the arena I still have a vert. he'll argue he can't be flipped, which is true, but he's still sent skyward (and he's less likely to tombstone dance and more likely to helicopter, like SOW did against Poison arrow. Trying to aim the angle to get him through the doors is a viable strategy: let's play some pinball).

if I can't force an angle that lets me put him in the Hell Box, I'm not out of luck. I can still chain him into walls and dissipate his momentum, and overturn him when he gets slow enough that the gyro forces slow him down (keep in mind I dont need as much speed to smother him since I'm hitting him with a vert - I dont need to ram him across the arena to control him, which actually makes it easier: he can't j-hook or slide off in the air). once he's inverted, turn around, wedge him with my ass, and clamp him. I can't damage him, but the arena hazards can eventually - especially if I feed him to the drill ass-up.

keep doing this until he loses his srimech pole or otherwise dies: when I release spin the spinner back up so I can hammersaw him down to try and break his pole. I know I can't take a lot of hits, so be ruthless and cheap. Im also willing to take the time I need to position for good follow-up hits: blind aggression gets me killed: properly planned bouts of all-out aggression kill him.

GL