I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto vs Puffy Cloud

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto vs Puffy Cloud

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:38 pm

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto: Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12
Puffy Cloud: 8/7/2/4 (3 arm/3 saw)/9
Using the Big Friggin’ Wedgelets and Heavy Stoppers

Oh boy, the same drive apart from torque, what fun! As soon as the match starts I’ll be approaching him, gotta her those aggression points up somehow eh? If we meet head to head then my Wedgelets thankfully slot inbetween his outer two, not only that but they also meet at the side of his wedgelets. With how his are designed, just being straight, sharp spike shaped wedgelets , only the very tip of them is actually touching the ground, the rest is off the ground slightly so every time we meet head to head I should be able to slot under him easily. If we collide head to head at full speed then that little middle wedgelet is almost definitely going to get buckled down at the tip, meaning nothing will be properly scraping the ground anymore at his front. The aim of the game is to give him a good tour of my home city’s arena, he doesn’t have the ground clearance to just reverse off of me, meaning I can deposit him into all the hazards I please, slam him into walls like a madman and definitely deliver him to the house robots, especially that massive spinning disk on the back of that Cephalopod, his 9 armour is not gonna like that. Keep doing this throughout the whole match really, racking up the aggression and control points as best as I can for the full three minutes, unless one of those house robots knock him out first. His weapon isn’t powered by anything, there are no pulleys, nor a motor on the arm so really it shouldn’t spin, either way, it’s not going to be damaging me anytime soon, my massive wheels mean that I can quite easily drive right off of his little, low wedgelets if he was to get under me. Don’t be all gung-ho about delivering him to the house robots or the arena hazards for that matter, Ross him in but don’t actively drive in there myself as to not receive unnecessary damage. If he tries to drive at me with his saw spinning then he may well gyro if he turns. Always fave him wedgelets first.
Good luck Code

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Re: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto vs Puffy Cloud

Post by Tcrrr » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:16 pm

Him: 8/7/3/0/12
Me: 8/7/2/4(3/3)/9

Ok so this fight is in the dude's hometown, time to humiliate him in it!

He's probably using the big wedgelets

Basically right, at the beginning of the match, wait for the doors to open on their own, unless he does the opposite and tries to go straight through. If he tries to go through the doors, go to the corner of the arena, and wait for him to engage me.

He cannot engage me in any other position other than head on, as we've got the same drive, bar me having a little less torque than he does.

Once we're head on, I'm gonna try to wedge him via angling in on the sides of his wedge, and take control of the match.

He may have more torque than I do, but that doesnt mean I can't be able to control him. Once we're locked head on, dont bring the saw down yet, and I'll let him try to push me around to the hazards, but right before we get there I'll j hook out of there, and as he's got a long and skinny wheelbase, it'll take him a few seconds to turn back to me. I'll capitalize on this, and I'll bring down the saw on him as soon as I can to try and score some "damage" points (he has no means of damaging me, so he cant really score anything damage-wise)

If he starts to take me around the arena, get off as soon as possible by J hooking off, and angling past his wedgelets.

If he tries to monstertruck over my wedge, use the saw arm to prevent him from doing so.

To shake things up, bait him into going into the house bots and arena hazards with some close cut corner camping.

In this fight I'll need to not be 100% aggressive, but I'll try to win this on a JD with control and damage (control by making my opponent run itself into the hazards, and damage by using a weapon that the other person doesn't possess.)

Tldr: engage head on, angle past his wedgelets, get him to accidentally drive himself into the hazards and house bot, and bring down the saw whenever I'm in control or whenever I can to score some damage points that he is unable to score, and avoid going in the CPZs/hazards myself with cautious driving

Good luck, have fun